Tuesday, February 19, 2008

How Much do I love the Post Office?



Our post office is within walking distance of our home. I love the fact that it is so close because usually I put Dottie's leash on and away we go. Today I finally finished putting together all my documents that needed to be sent to Trenton.

I went to Wal-Mart to have the pictures of my home put into a collage. Putting the pictures together took a little time but they turned out so nice. I was able to edit the pictures so that I could include the label of each room right in the photograph.
So the documents are on their way.

Unlike the Postman who delivers the mail the Post woman at the Post office thinks I am very nice. She does not know my stalker side (Just Kidding). Curtsey of my favorite Post woman she took my picture with my package before I gave it to her to be mailed out. Unlike with my I-171 I have put the tracking information in a very safe place. I will not lose it this time.

I thought about driving to Trenton for the one day service but then I figured it out that each document would cost $20.00 or $580.00 as opposed to just $5.00 or $145.00 for the 4 day service by mail. That is enough money for at least 2 nights in an apartment in Moscow so that is what I did.

I want to thank everyone who has helped through my frustation last week. I have thought about something that Ana has said about how her delays brought her to her little Eli. I know that many of you all are waiting for referrals or to return to your little ones and I pray daily that they come in God's time.

9 comments:

junglemama said...

This is progress! I am so happy for you. I finally heard some good news on our adoption front too!

ana said...

It is so hard to turn loose of the dossier after working on it for so many months! But it's exciting that it's on its way. Things are moving forward for you!

Becky and Keith said...

Congratulations! It's such a good/scary feeling to send something you've been working on SO HARD into the hands of someone else. How great to have a picture of you sending everything off!

Troy and Rachel said...

YAY!! Glad everything is going out and hang on to that tracking number!!

Susan said...

You are making good progress!! Congratulations on getting your "baby" sent off for apostilling.

Anita said...

Things are really coming along!! I am so confused by all these documents and clearances and stuff, but you are doing it! Each day is one day closer to your little one!

Christen L said...

Joy,

I pop in now and again to check up on you. LOVE the fact that you had the postwoman take this snapshot. I would (and will) totally do the same! You are on your way!

ellis-family.blogspot.com

Jane and Jim said...

Congrats!! Another step towards the young one! Yay HUGE accomplishment!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Love your blog! Good luck with your adoption. My husband and I are waiting for our Court Date. Waiting is the worst part. The rest just breezes by. . .sort of! Our blog is www.stacypatandaidan.blogspot.com

Good luck and hang in there. It all works out somehow!
Stacy Harrison