Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'm Afraid Frustration Has Taken Over

I think I am having an off day. I am waiting one document to be finished so that I can have the Dossier apostilled and sent to Russia. The crazy thing is the document that needs to be changed is one that I have had done for quite some time.

When I changed agencies I had to get my home study changed to reflect the new agency. Well there seems to be either a hold up or a miscommunication. I sent all the things that need to be changed to my home study agency in the end of January.
When I talked to them in January I was told that it would take at least a week before the changes could be made. I am trying to be patient but I guess I am not that patient after all. I have called them once and I am contemplating calling them again this week to see where we stand with the changes.

I know that these tiny obstacles have been put in my way to slow things down a little bit for one of many reasons. Maybe I am supposed to finish my degree first and then be free of writing papers and researching for hours at a time. I know that once the baby comes I will want to spend most of my time reading and playing with the little one. Gerard keeps telling me that I have to wait until it is my turn in God's plan. I have to say thinking about it that way does help me to cope.

5 comments:

junglemama said...

It is so hard waiting! The only thing holding us up is our 1-600.

Jane and Jim said...

I know what you mean about being frustrated and having to wait on a document. We, as you know, had to do the same thing and the new home study agency seemed to take their sweet time in getting it to me... I did a lot of tongue-biting! They all say it's worth it in the end so bite away!

Troy and Rachel said...

It is tough waiting on other people when you have everything done. I was in that position and not having control is the hardest thing for me. I still hate waiting, but what can we do?

Deb said...

I'm glad thinking about God's timing helps you cope a little better. Deep down I know it's true but on my bad days I have a hard time remembering.

But I do promise you this some day you'll start to learn some of the reasons for why it's taking this long. I know I have. That is what helps me cope.

I hope it all gets worked out soon.

ana said...

Joy, it is so hard to wait. If it's any consolation, if our paperwork had been done any sooner, our Eli would not have been off the database. All the times I was frustrated by delays, he just wasn't ready for us yet. It will work out as it is meant to.