Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Picking Stuff for the Nursery is Harder Then I Thought

I know that I am a little premature thinking that I need to get the nursery together but who cares I love looking. I thought I would be able to easily just decide what I wanted to put in the nursery but I am having a hard time with the room that I have chosen for the little one.

My house is small and the room that I chose is the closest one to mine the other room is not a good choice because of its location in the house even though I like it better because it is bigger. I really think it is just because I am use to using the other room because it is my office. Who and I kidding the office will be gone because that will turn into the guest room because we have to have someone stay the night when we work. I really just do not like the smaller room. Maybe now that I have said it I will just be able to move on and make my list of things I need.

Here is my real shopping dilemma for today. I was looking on Overstock.com a couple of weeks ago and I found a crib set that was about 150.00 dollars that had frogs on it. I knew I should have brought it immediately but I did not. Now it is gone not meant to be I guess. Now I found a different one that is 4 pieces for 59.00 that has fish on it that I love. My only problem is that I think the green is a little too Lime green for what I am looking for so I guess the search continues.

Next problem is a white crib or a honey oak colored crib?

P.S Susan if you are reading this they had a really cute crib set with planes on it. Check it out.

4 comments:

Deb said...

I love looking at crib sets. They're so cute.
I looked on overstock for the fishy one you mentioned and only saw one that is white with blue & green fish. It's adorable.

Do you have other furniture for the room? We already had a dresser set in our nursery so we just matched that with our crib.

Jane and Jim said...

This is the one thing that we have going for us because of the long wait - we get to take our time in picking out things!
I can feel your pain - I have gone back and forth so many times with the decorations...
Our problem is that it may not be a nursery because we've requested 2 kids under 4 so that really broadens the choices, so we basically have to wait to see the ages. NOT fun!

Troy and Rachel said...

Planning the nursey is so much fun. I originally picked one bed set, then another. My mother in law says she isn't getting it for us yet, because she thinks I might change my mind again - and you know what?? That's okay!! Change your mind all you want and then in the end you know you'll have just the right set!

Anita said...

Choosing nursery items is a huge dilemma! I'm really wanting to go with white furniture for the mini meeks, but honey oak is gorgeous too! There are so MANY fun things out there now-a-days! And it's a blast to look and ponder!