Monday, December 3, 2007

Trial Run In Siberia



Christmas time is more then just buying presents for me. I know you are all saying but all you have talked about so far is what you have brought for Christmas. This past weekend I spent the day with a wonderful little man named Ricky. He is my cousin's son. My Aunt Cassie thought it would be nice to take him to the parade on LBI to start the Christmas season.


On LBI it was particularly cold on Saturday because of the western wind. Let me paint the picture for you all. My Mother, Aunt Cassie, Ricky and I set out to see the parade and drink hot coco. The funny thing is I usually do not wear a coat except when I am going to be outside for long periods of time. Saturday I decided this would be an interesting trail run for Siberia like weather with the wind chill it was well below zero (at least in my mind). We stood out there and watched the parade there were lots of antique fire trucks and cars. There were floats and marching bands in all it was a very nice parade of about 2.5 hours.


We really had a great time I got lots of nice pictures of Ricky and Santa as well. The funny part is we were frozen by the end of the parade. We had to cross the street to the car and I told Ricky run and the poor little man told me but my feet are asleep also know as frost nip. He was so good not one complaint out of him about the cold or the standing and this reminded me of one of the reasons why I want to be a mother. We had so much fun just anticipating the parade and the hot coco that it was worth the frozen feet. I love the Christmas Season.




P.S. Yes I did buy something for Little Bean while I was there. I love children's books so I got part one and two of A Gull's Story By Frank Finale both signed by the author. Part one is an ABC book and Part two is a 123 book about the Jersey Shore.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, and so fun to imagine motherhood! I've been picking up some story books too... Dr Seuss, Veggie Tales, Alice in Bible Land...