Thursday, December 6, 2007

I got my Christmas Present Today

Well I know that I already posted once today but as luck would have it the mailman still comes to my house. Today I got my invitation to be fingerprinted by the Department of Homeland Security. On December 18, 2007 I will be at the Philadelphia office to be fingerprinted.

I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. It just seems like I have spent years waiting to be a mother and now the process is flying by. I have so many things that need to be finished before Little Bean comes home and I hope to get at least half of them done.

On a different topic and a bit of advice for others. I know that I am behind the times when it comes to technology. In the last couple of years I have not checked off the box for a CD of my pictures. What a fool I am. So yesterday I spent 4 hours at Wal-Mart scanning pictures on to one of those machines and I got a CD made for $2.47. This Christmas I am not planning on spending large amounts of money but giving things that are more meaningful instead. My sister Jenny and I went to Europe a couple of years ago and we never really did anything with the pictures. I burned all these pictures onto a CD and that will be her present this year. I hope she loves it.

Here are some of the pictures from that trip in May of 2002.

Some of my favorite quotes from this trip were:

"There is some bus involvement" Really there were days that we were on the bus for 8 hours
"Tower made of steel now lets go" Jenny hates heights but she made up the Eiffel tower anyway
The first chocolate cake was made in Austria Jenny's response "Now I see why they made a second"



I look bake now and see that this trip although trying at time was a wonderful experience for both of us.

5 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Congrats on the fingerprinting appointment! Your on your way to your I-171H! :-)

Troy and Rachel said...

YAY!! Glad you got your fingerprinting appt. Things are moving right along.

Jane and Jim said...

Congrats!!! It's so exciting to get to this point and beyond...
Things will really start moving now!

junglemama said...

Woo-hoo! I might get the same present soon!

Anita said...

Congratulations on your appt for fingerprints. That must be where you are now, huh?

I think meaningful thoughtful gifts are best and love giving and receiving them! Great idea for your sister!