Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Tree is Up.



I have broken down and put up the tree. I love my Christmas tree. I remember when I first started collecting Christmas tree ornaments I was about 16 years old. I love to collect ones that speak to me or that have a meaning behind them. We have a bunch of Hallmark ornaments but this year the time is going so fast. I will only be able to put up one tree this year. Usually like Susan I have more then one tree.

Over the years I have sent out many Christmas cards and this year I am so behind. I have always sent them out signed Love Joy, Gerard and Dottie too. Well it occurred to me that some of these people have never met Dottie. They could be thinking she is a cat or a ferret or a bunny. I pray next year that I will be sending out Christmas cards with a new little one on it but somehow I think Dottie has been cheated so this year she will be featured on my Christmas card.



On adoption news I so glad that a number of families have either gotten a referral or will be traveling soon. I can barely sit still in excitement for them. This time next week I will have completed the fingerprints for the I-600 so that is moving right along and life is great. As soon as I get the I-171 I will be able to send my Dossier to Russia.

8 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Great tree and Dottie looks beautiful!!

Jane and Jim said...

Your tree is wonderful and Dottie is just a little beauty - Next year, we'll all be adding to our cards!

BTW, are you still with CHI?

Sira said...

Hi! I hope you get some news soon. Can't wait to see next year's card. I just brought my little boy home this summer, so it is my first Christmas as a Mom.
Good Luck and I will be following your journey

Susan said...

I love your tree! Dottie looks so pretty sitting in front of it. How did you get her to be still??? Bella is all over the place, course that could be her 1 year old labbiness coming out. I checked out overstock. They have some really cute bedding! One day I want to do aviator theme, next day I want Americana, next day I want no theme. I'm really pathetic. But I'm really good at deciding for others, ha ha, so lets see what you are thinking about using.

ana said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, and I'm happy to have found yours. Hope you get your fingerprints done very soon. It's so wonderful to think that we'll all be celebrating next Christmas with our children!

Anita said...

I'm glad you didn't skip the tree this year. Putting up in tree automatically put one in the Christmas mood.

Dottie is looking beautiful!

Deb said...

I love the picture. I think it's perfect for the Christmas card.

I get one special ornament every year too. It started when I was younger and I've tried to keep it going through the years.

Carey and Norman said...

Beautiful Tree.

You will be so excited once you get the Dossier in the mail. It takes a huge weight off of you as you know that you are no longer chasing paperwork for awhile. Good Luck!