Monday, November 12, 2007

Tracking and Confirmation

I know that earlier this month I vowed to only post positive things about my adoption. Well, I will now be breaking that promise. I have tried to be very organized about keeping these papers straight. Here is my problem, I sent in the I-600 to Homeland Security. I paid the extra money for the tracking and confirmation. I was thinking to myself this is a good thing because I will know that the letter got there and have some peace of mind.

It was a good plan and if I were to do this again I would only change one part of that plan. I would not have LOST the tracking number. That is right I lost it. I remember seeing it in my hand and thinking to myself I need to put this in a safe place until I get home. Well, it is in a really safe place. So safe that I can not even find it.

So then you say well you will know that they have received your paperwork once they cash the check for the application and the fingerprints. Yes that would be true EXCEPT I thought ‘I bet it is faster if I send a cashier’s check.’ Good thought Joy it will not matter that you sent a cashier's check if they do not get the application.

So here is my dilemma, I still have not heard from the Department of Homeland Security. Apparently once you receive you receipt number you can somewhat track its progress from what I understand. I have been looking at the mailbox waiting and hoping. The mailman thinks I am crazy; luckily for me he is a family friend and knows that I am not a stalker.

I know that I am thinking a little irrationally right now. I bet tomorrow I will get some sort of word that they did receive the I-600 and this worry will be filed away. I just can not wait to file this one away. I know the minute I get the approval I will find that tracking receipt. If I do I am going to sign on and find out the date that the Department of Homeland Security got the I-600. I think in a crazy way it will be funny to know that I spent all this time worrying about nothing.

Adoption is a test of patience which is good practice for becoming a mother. I know that I need to let go and let God handle it as my mother would say. See mom I do listen to you. This is also a little test to see if you are reading this blog.

9 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Oh no - that sounds absolutely like something I would do. I hope you find the tracking number for peace of mind!!

Becky and Keith said...

Why don't they make those little post office receipts bigger?? They are so easy to get lost, especially in your purse and car!! I hope you find it, but you're right - as soon as you get some kind of confirmation, you'll find it! :-)

Carey and Norman said...

I think we all check the mailbox each day when we are waiting for adoption paperwork, I-171H approval, etc. It is normal. Welcome to the club. Ha.

Jane and Jim said...

Yeah, I can relate to checking the mailbox everyday.. It totally becomes a habit - even now when there's nothing to wait for, I'm checking it anxiously!

We're all turning into goofballs!

I hope your approval comes in soon.

CYNDI ~ DELANEY'S MOM said...

Joy ~ You've been tagged, take a break from adoption stuff and post 8 Random Things about you.....
Take care ~ Cyndi

CYNDI ~ DELANEY'S MOM said...

Well, aren't I behind? Sorrry, I just saw you already got tagged!

Susan said...

Did you find it yet? After I read your blog I yelled for Randy to see if he had our receipt for the I600A. It's now safe and sound in our adoption file.

Joy said...

Still have not found it.
Joy

Unknown said...

Octopal@juno.com

Gosh, I am a bug lots of posts sorry.

I looked in your profile and thought about the Simpsons. I know it sounds odd Simpsons being the answer and all but the show has been on for a good long time.

There was an episode where Lisa and Marge were quilting together and it was such a cute bonding thought. If you think it would be fun you could make a patch work story quilt with scanned photos put on pieces of fabric or something like that. You may have seen those shirts with photos on them well I suppose you could build a story quilt with pictures of this journey like the woman who built a photo journal or her pregnancy. I know I had a scrap book because my mother was a first grade teacher. I had all kinds of things in there.

Oh, you could always ask for another receipt if you are truly unable to find it. You could always pray to St. Anthony. Just remember to pay the man after he finds it for you.

Fingers crossed...