Sunday, November 18, 2007

My INS Problem is Very Small

First I would like to apologize to everyone for complaining about the lost of my tracking receipt for the I-600 to the USCIS. I find it amazing everyday how God intervenes in your life. No I have not heard anything from INS or found the receipt in order to track the package but my problem pales in comparison to Tommi-Lynn Sawyers problem.

See the weekends Gerard tries not to work extra so yesterday he went to the bagel store to get breakfast and the paper on his way home from work. I find it amazing that he does actually listen when I am upset. I have been very upset all week because of the news about CHI. He gently nods his head and tells me it will be okay. That is what I love about him. The front cover of the paper highlighted a news article about adoption. This article features a single woman who lives in a town near us who is in the middle of adopting from Vietnam.

Tommi-Lynn Sawyer is a single woman who lives in New Jersey who along with a couple of other families who needs our prayers. Apparently after Tommi-Lynn and these other families went to Vietnam and bonded with their child the USCIS told them they could not bring them home. A Notice of Intent to Deny was issued before they came home.
How could this happen? I feel very sad for these families. I have linked the article to this post so that you all can read it for yourselves. I have also linked a website that was formed to help these families be reunited. They are asking that we contact our political officials to help their cause.

I am asking that you please keep these families in your prayers.

Joy

Article Website
http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/local/cumberland/story/7517422p-7416648c.html

Bring Eden Home Website
http://www.bringedenhome.com

3 comments:

Deb said...

Oh my that's awful. I'll be praying for them. I can't imagine why the USCIS would deny them.

Don't feel bad about complaining, that's just part of this process. Vent all you need to.

Troy and Rachel said...

Venting is allowed on blogs!!Don't feel guilty about it!! We all need to do it at some point or another. Gerard sounds like Troy -take it as it comes and don't dwell on it. Wish it were that easy!

Anita said...

My heart is breaking for this mother and Anabelle...

Anita