Monday, November 26, 2007

I have become a personal shopper!

Since I did not have a ton of family for Thanksgiving Day and did not have to travel I was well rested for shopping. I set my alarm for 4:45am. The alarm went off but I was already up for about an hour waiting to get myself going. I think that was a gentle way of my body telling me that it is time to go back to work because I had the last 10 days off. Any who.

I got myself together and headed out to Wal-Mart first for black friday shopping. I did have a list of things that I wanted that were on sale mostly for me. I called into work because no one else is up at that hour to find out one of my friends wanted a GPS for her car. I told her she did not have a chance for it if she was going after work. I told her I would see if I could get one for her.

Honestly, I did not think I was going to get any of the things on my list because it was after 5:oo am when I left home. To my surprise I got everything on my list. See I have many list going at one time. Most of the things on my list center around things I think I will need once the baby is here or for trip #1 or #2. The one thing that I wanted but did not think I would get was a portable DVD player for 49.99 with the carry case. I also wanted a couple of SD cards for my camera and for the camcorder that is also on my list. Well check those things off the list plus some things for family members that I can not mention now.

Next I was off for a camcorder at either Best Buy, Circuit City or Sears. I had to drive about 40 minutes south to where all of these stores are located. I thought for sure that there was no way I was going to get a deal on one of these camcorders. Well ladies and gentlemen not only did I get one but I got two.

See I waited in the line at Best Buy without even seeing the camera because the store was that crazy. I asked the salesperson to give me the details on the camcorder and she did. Here I am thinking great this is exactly what I wanted and all for under $350.00. Then my beautiful bubble was burst by the man who rang me up (No SD card for still pictures in this camera).

Bummed I went to Sears no camcorders left in my price range. Then I thought let me at least try at Circuit City. To my surprise they not only had 1 but 3 camcorders left. So I called another friend who was looking for a camcorder. The phone rang and no answer I wavered slightly thinking I should get two of them for a grand total of 3 camcorders and then said no I can not be doing this what if she really does not want it.

Now I get back into the car with a grand total of 2 camcorders one with 34X zoom from Circuit City for $262.12 for with the 5 DVD disks and the 2 GB SD card. I am feeling pretty good now I only have to return the other camera. But something is telling me look at the camera first. So that is what I did and guess what it does have the slot for a memory stick pro duo. I liked this camera better because of it has 40X zoom plus 10 mini DVDs and the camera bag fro 319.00. After looking at both and playing with them I decided to keep the one from Best Buy.

Back to the car once again and yes I still have 2 camcorders.
I had to work Friday night so I told myself I will return the camera next week. Fast forward a couple of hours to about 5:00 pm remember my friend who worked Thanksgiving Day she calls me to tell me she wished she had picked up the phone she really wanted that camcorder. That is when I tell her my tale we both start laughing as she is going to buy the camera from me. I think it is funny how things just work out for the best. I got the holiday off and the people who worked got the door breaker deals that they wanted. I now have become a personal shopper.

4 comments:

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

You are too funny! I'm glad you were able to get your camcorder and help a friend at the same time :)

Thank you for your comment on our blog. Owen's party outfit has a dalmatian on one side and is reversible to red corduroy with a reindeer face in the middle. It's by Bailey Boys. I love that it's 2 outfits in one and so comfy for him to play in!!

Troy and Rachel said...

You are so brave to head out into the crowds. I skip them now and go late at night. I should really try to go and get some bargains one year!!

Jane and Jim said...

You are hilarious!!!
You did great with your shopping adventure - congratz!!!

Anita said...

I never shop on Black Friday, you are one brave Girl! It paid off with the deals for yourself AND your friends! Nice work!