Wednesday, November 7, 2007

National Adoption Month

I would like to thank all the people who have acknowledged the fact that this is National Adoption Month. This month I hope to be able to post positive information about adoption and my adoption in particular. I have decided to take time out of my day to pray for my fellow bloggers who have adopted or are in the process of adoption.

Of course accreditation has not come for many adoption agencies that are looking to help families’ complete Russian adoption. Accreditation will allow for more children to find their forever homes. I have a feeling that many of the people whose blogs I read will be getting a referral very soon.

I have read on the Dave Thomas web site about how to approach your employer to assist with some of the costs related to adoption. I work for a large healthcare system in New Jersey. I hope that if I am not able to convince them to help me then maybe I can convince them to change the policy for others.

Well, I have lots to do tonight. Big letters to write and information to find to support my cause. I think I like to purple background.

Yesterday I received the notarized copy of my home study agencies license from the State. Now the only document that I am waiting for is the I-171. Here's to waiting.

6 comments:

Ryan and Amy said...

I love that you went purple! Looks great and the poll for Disney World is cute although ANY age is a good age for Mickey!

Jane and Jim said...

Yes, congratulations on your home study docs!!! Check off another thing.
Love the purple too!

Troy and Rachel said...

Congrats on only waiting for one more form!! Your docs will be in Russia before you know it!!

Deb said...

Wow! You're so close to having everything done. Soon you'll be waiting for the best part.

I'll be praying for your employer to be open to listen to what you have to say. If I can help get any info for you I'd be more than happy to do what I can.

Anita said...

Happy National Adoption Month!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

I'd love to hear what your company decides to do about adoption benefits. I sent my employer the Dave Thomas information too.

Love the poll: We've been taking our four boys to Disney World at least once a year (sometimes twice) literally since they were born. My 8 year old has celebrated five of his birthdays at Chef Mickey's.

So while there is no need to "wait" for the perfect age, I will say that they really start to "get it" starting around age 3. The great thing is that the Magic never seems to wear off. My 9 year old still get excited about meeting all the characters, with the added bonus of being big enough to ride everything in the park!

When you take little kids to Disney, you may have to remind them a few times that "There is no crying or whining allowed in the Happiest Place On Earth!"