Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving one day late! Plus good news about the I-600!

This year Thanksgiving was a bit unusual for us. In years past I have spent most of my time preparing Thanksgiving dinner with many different family members at my home. This year Gerard and I decided that we needed to spend the time together alone. So that is what we did. With the exception of visiting my mother and older sister in the morning to see Bentley her new dog that is exactly what we did.

When Gerard and I were first dating I would make us Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday and we would spend it together. Then each of us would go our separate ways on Thanksgiving Day. He would drive to Brooklyn and I would spend the day with my family. My nieces and nephews were all little then and now most of them are all grown up. As their Aunt I could not wait for them to come or for me to get to them. We would talk and play around I just love hearing about their days at school or other activities. It was always a ton of fun. I know that they may never realize just how much I love them but I do try to show them every chance I get.

I remember pulling out the sale papers and looking through them cover to cover with them. At that point I was always broke because I was in school. The sale papers were more of a wish list then anything else. Now things are different in both good and bad ways. My nieces and nephews are all grown up and I am not their center focus anymore that is the sad part. The good part is that the sale papers are not only for wishing anymore. (More about that tomorrow)

For me it was really nice to have Gerard all to myself this holiday. See we both have to work holidays but I have been lucky to have Thanksgiving off for many years in a row (Insert hugs and kisses to my friends at work who do not mind working this holiday). I know it may make me sound a little psycho but I love spending time with him and we just do not get enough time together alone. We tease and joke about everything most of the day. This may be our last set of holidays with out a little one running around so I intend on enjoying this special time with him.

Okay enough of that on to the good news about the I-600. As many of you know I lost the tracking ticket for the package sent to the Department of Homeland Security (INS) that had our I-600, cashier's check and home study in it. No I still have not found it yet but do not worry I am sure it is very safe. I said to myself I just have to know if they got the package.

I thought to myself the other day ‘ask the bank if they can track the cashier's check.’ Well the answer to that is they can! The cashier's check was cashed on November 14, 2007 what a glorious day. I do have to say that I am glad that I did not think of this earlier because it was 3 weeks from the time I sent the package to time when the check was cashed. I know I would have been even crazier if I knew that.

So all is well here in New Jersey. Dottie got an extra helping of turkey that made her really tired. That is the funny part because anyone who knows Dottie knows that she is never any farther then about 2 feet away from me. She slept through the night and well into the morning. P.S. Joy Babe it is not mean to feed her turkey just because it makes her sleep.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Yeah! I'm glad to hear you have some relief about your I600A. I'm sure your 171H is not far behind. :)

Troy and Rachel said...

What a great idea - to check on the cashier's check! I'm glad it was good news there. I always give my puppies turnkey on Thanksgiving. Of course my little beggars hang out by the oven if I cook!

Anita said...

Your last holiday season as a family of two... we have been saying the same thing here!