Thursday, May 17, 2012

We have been home from Disney for a couple of days but between work, school and LAUNDRY I have not had a minute to upload any pictures. We had a wonderful time at Disney. I am so glad that we made the last minute decision to go. I highly recommend the Polynesian resort because it is so close to everything. I think we are done with Disney for a while. We need to start to save up for our Disney cruise in 2013. We waited to tell Anna that we were going to Disney until the morning after I got home from work. Her reaction was very interesting... she was disappointed. I think she is more like me and enjoys the anticipation. Now when I say she was disappointed believe me once we were on our way she got more excited and had a blast. The short stay was nice for Gerard and it fit into my schedule but I do not think it was enough for Anna. She really enjoys swimming in the pool but with the limited number of days she did not have enough time to swim. The first night we went to Epcot to have dinner with the princesses. Anna's favorite princess is Sleeping Beauty. Anna really loves to play with little dolls and animals. When we were leaving she did make sure that we had Maleficent packed to show Sleeping Beauty. As soon as she saw Sleeping Beauty out came the Maleficent doll. I am not sure Sleeping Beauty got the same chuckle out of it that Gerard and I got. I forgot to bring her book for the characters to sign but we were able to get pictures anyway. The next day we ventured off to the Magic Kingdom. One thing that you may not know about Gerard is he takes FOREVER to get ready to go anywhere. Even Anna has started to tell Gerard "Come on Daddy we can not be late." We got a later start at the park than I had wanted but it was still okay. We rode the Dumbo ride, teacups but Anna's favorite was the Barnstormer featuring Goofy. I love rides...Gerard not so much. He will not go on anything that goes upside down or in his mind is dangerous (which is a lot). Anna sat with me, I put my hands up and so did she. Gerard was yelling from behind us "Hold on, both of you!" Honest, Anna was very safe on this ride. The next trip on the Barnstormer Gerard wanted Anna to ride with him when she figured it out she insisted on riding with me and told him "I put my hands up, Daddy." Here are some pictures from our trip. I have not bought the Disney pass CD yet so these are taken by Gerard and I.
Yes he is holding on for his dear life!

2 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

So fun!! Looks like you all had a blast. I'm glad.

Melissa said...

Looks like a ton of fun! I bet she had a great time!
Melissa