Sunday, May 6, 2012

Beauty and the Beast

Yesterday Gerard and I took Anna to the Broadway production of Beauty and the Beast in the State Theater in New Brunswick. I wish I had bought tickets sooner so that we would have been a little closer but perhaps it was better that we were a little farther away. This was both Anna and Gerard's first Broadway musical. Gerard had some interesting comments about musical theater. Mainly he wanted to know why a movie that is about an hour and a half turned out to be over three hours long.

I love musicals and I believe Anna will too...Gerard not so much but he will go if Anna asks. Anna decided that she wanted wear her Belle costume. I was happy to see some many others also dressed up too. 

At the beginning of the play Anna was scared of the Beast. She squirreled around between Gerard and I for the better part of the first half than sat on my lap for the rest of the time. Towards the end of the show she really started to get into the play. Overall I think Anna really enjoyed going to see the play.

As I am writing this post she is making Gerard watch the Beauty and the Beast movie. He is the Beast and she is Belle. It is so sweet watching her make him act out the part. She is really getting into being a princess.


On the ride home Gerard had the idea of stopping by the Russian grocery store for some treats. About 2 minutes before we pulled into the parking lot. Gerard and I looked at each other and decided we would let her sleep and instead we would take turns shopping. With no discussion he jumped out and said "Me first!" This made me chuckle so I let him go first. He searched the store and managed to find 2 of our favorite cookies and a new type to try. He left the stuff at the register now it was my turn. I added two different types of pickles one with pickled tomatoes.

In all the day was exhausting but filled with fun.

1 comment:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Fun! I'd love to take Aidan down to the Kennedy Center.. .when something comes our way. Love taking him to the movies and really looking forward to Madagascr 3 to come out next month! Fun times.