Thursday, May 24, 2012

End of the year party

Anna has been so funny lately. I usually come to a point in our relationship where it does not get better than this. Believe me when I am thinking this it is because we are in a good, loving place. Anna is the moon, sun, stars and everything in between for Gerard and I. She is smart, quirky and funny. Lately it is all about being with me for her. She wants my undivided attention which I love which is fine with me.

I think having my Nanny watch Anna at our house has been even better than I thought for Anna. My Mother and Anna are getting a bit of a routine. First they play with play-doh, color and snack time then off to bed. Anna is starting to tell Nanny when she is tired and wants to go to sleep. All of this is amazing to me. She is growing up too fast.

Her second year of pre-school is quickly coming to an end. She will be devastated when she does not get to see her friends on a daily bases. I do have some plans for the summer time for her that hopefully she will be able to see them but that is for another day. Wednesday was her end of the year class party. I felt so different about this than I did last year. Last year I LOVED the teacher's assistant who was in the classroom but she was needed in a different classroom. I wish I could say I felt the same this year. I have mixed emotions about her teacher, the assistant and room Mother this year.

The one beautiful thing about working the night shift is I am home all day, everyday. This is the one true assets of working the night shift and perhaps the only one. Even though I had to work the night before the end of the year party I was able to get a quick nap and still go. As I was leaving for work Anna started to get upset about my leaving. I told her that I had a surprise. The surprise was that I was coming to her school tomorrow for her party. She was very happy with that news and was okay with me leaving.

When I got to the party I got a very warm welcome from Anna. She was so cute because her teacher who just had a baby was there with her new little girl. Anna was so excited to see the baby. She proceeded to introduce me to her current teacher and every parent at the party. Yes I already had met them all but to Anna this was a big deal. I think the party was a lot of fun and I am so blessed that I did not miss it although something very interesting came from that party that I hope to write about tomorrow. For now I am off to bed.

1 comment:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Our babies are growing up so fast!!! Aidan has 9 days left in Kindergarten. . .and then he'll be a Rising First Grader! OMG. Anna is so cute. Love that she is doing so well. Imagine what her life would have been like. . .ah well, thanks be to God it isn't! God Bless!