Monday, August 1, 2011

Has it really been 2 years?

Two years ago yesterday I stood in a court room in Russia in a 100 degree weather in a dress with stockings on. I explained how a little girl who I had only met 3 times for a little over an hour each time was so special to me. I stated my case, worried and waited for the decision. I have no idea what I would have done if the judge decided against my petition to adopt Anna. Just writing those words makes me a little teary eyed.

I only thought I loved her then. My love for this little girl has only grown and grown. This past weekend I had to work. My sister who lives a couple hours away was having a party with a bunch of kids so I agreed to let my other sister take her. She had a blast on the water slide and just being with her cousins.

After she left Gerard and I just looked at each other a little lost. The house was too quiet. We missed her so much. I was lucky because I was able to get a bunch of homework done so that is a blessing.

Today she spent the day with Gerard and her Grandparents. I have some more homework I want to finish as soon as possible. One test and one major paper and I will have two classes done. I have 13 more classes to go unless I decide to obtain my Nurse Educator certificate. If I decide on that then it will be another 4 classes.

I am a little torn about the Nurse Educator certificate or perhaps I will go for a PhD in Nursing instead with a focus in Nursing education. I still have time to decide.

We may decide to celebrate a little tonight or we may decide to wait until the 2 year mark of her being home. I just can not imagine life without her. I am so lucky to have her in my life.

Me after court

Me leaving for the Moscow airport for my final trip home without Anna

I am not sure why I never posted these pictures before but here they are. I can not believe it has been two years. Time really does fly.

6 comments:

JennStar said...

Happy 2 years!! I'm with ya- it must be hard to decide what to celebrate. There's the court date and Gotcha day and the day they're finally home. Truly, it should be a month of celebrating!! ;o)

Melissa said...

Happy 2 year mark. It's amazing how they have changed our lives so much. Love the pics.
Melissa

Ms. Elaine said...

I am so glad you were able to bring her home...it is fun watching her grow

Table for Seven said...

I remember trying to meet up in Moscow. We were on our first trip !!!!! Anna has grown and looks so happy!!!!! I wish i could have met you!!!

Laura said...

I can't believe it's been 2 years for you, too, Joy! Our girls are growing up so fast. Little did we know just how incredibly in-love we were falling...and will continue to fall.

Life is grand!

~Laura

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Congratulations!!!!! 2 Years!!!! Wow!