Thursday, August 11, 2011

Shhhh...

Baby sister is sleeping. This is what Anna told us the other day referring to her baby doll. Anna has this really neat old fashion baby doll stroller that up until now has been a place to hold the too numerous to count stuff animals. I am not a fan of stuffed animals but she has seemed to acquire a number of them.

Usually she is trying a string around one of their necks and walking them like a puppy. For now we are going to be a puppy free household. As much as I loved Dottie and still miss her I want to wait a little bit longer before we get a puppy.

Anna also has a baby doll that she got a couple of years ago for Christmas. Did I just say a couple of years ago in relation to my daughter...that sounded very nice. Back to the story, Anna diapered and wrapped the baby and put her in the stroller. I watched her walk her around the room and then stand in place and push the stroller back and forth. The whole time she was telling the baby "It okay baby, go to sleep, Anna here."

Gerard and I were talking loud I guess, after all we are loud talkers...well at least I am and that is when she turned around to us and said "Shhhh Baby sister sleeping" and walked away. It was all I could do to restrain my self for laughing so instead I walked over to her and we changed the baby's diaper together, rocked her and put her back to sleep. What was even sweeter was then she crawled into my arms and told me that she was my baby. I held and rocked her for awhile. What a wonderful, sensitive little girl she is becoming.

5 comments:

sonflowerjax said...

I love it!! Isn't it so sweet to see the kids be so nurturing! She must have learned that from her mommy. :-) something she wouldn't have known a few years back. Smiles.. :)

Janet said...

How very sweet! I agree with sonflowerjax , Anna must of learned that from her Mommy! Janet

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Oh!!!! Joy. Words cannot describe the emotions I am feeling right now for you!! This brought tears of happiness to my eyes. Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful! God Bless!!!

Laura said...

Well this post just warmed my heart...so very sweet! :)

Blessings,
Laura

contractors said...

nice cute little girl .. so wonderful