Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricane Irene preparations **pictures added

Hurricane Irene preparations started yesterday for us. My nieces and I did the shopping for the needed supplies which was actually quite fun. Me-Me has taken up couponing and we saved over 100 dollars between sales and coupons.

Our parents and Gerard's Aunt have been evacuated because of the potential risk of flooding because they live on the water. Gerard has been very busy picking up the yards. La-La picked up at my Mother's yard so that was a big help.

Gerard will stay at the house on the water to watch the boats and to be there if a windows get broken. In my house will be our parents, Aunt Nel, La-La Anna and I will be at our house because we are located about 3 houses outside the evacuation area.

Jim Dear (La-La's boyfriend) will be manning the Searcher II with La-La and Me-Me's Dad. Both the girls are scared for them. Me-Me and La-La's uncles will be manning the Doris Mae IV. These are big charter fishing boats and their livelihood. Keeping these boats safe is of major importance to our family. La-La and Me-Me are a little nervous about this because they never remember their father doing this but I do. Prayers for their safety are appreciated.

The heavy rain has not started here but the beautiful blue sky and puffy white clouds from yesterday are gone and replaced with a light sprinkle of rain. Anna told me "I can't like a storm" and she is right. I am so fortunate that I am not working because I would be stuck there for days.

The plans are for perhaps making some cookies this afternoon and some sauce with Aunt Nel. I purchased the economy size box of Play-doh so I am sure we will have enough to do to keep Anna busy. We moved Anna's sand table to the garage so Anna will be able to play there too.

We are ready and hopeful that the damage will be minor.

**Just added a few pictures from before the storm.







7 comments:

Kristen said...

praying for all of your safety!

The Robins' Nest said...

Be safe! Hope you're not impacted too much by the storm.

Mary Ann said...

You and your entire family are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

While watching the news I thought of you and your family. Prayers for safety and for the boats! Hope you all can have some fun together, too! ~tara

Melissa said...

Thinking of you and hoping you all stay safe. Hopefully the news is all hype and the storm settles down. We already have had our first day of school canceled for Monday. Let's see what happens. Great time for family and snuggling I guess.
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Joy, Do you know that Forex Is Highest Paying Keyword in Google Adsense? Learn how to use Forex here:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Hope you all fared well. . .we had a LOT of wind and a LOT of rain. Just grateful we live as far west as we do at this point. The closer you get to D. C. the worse it is. Will be calling my in-laws in an hour or so to check on them. Glad, too, that you had most of your family with you. Praying Gerard and the others are safe.