Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving update and Christmas tree lighting

Well my camera is broken. Insert major sad face. All of a sudden the display screen stopped working.  I was okay with that so when I took it to horse club...yes Anna does horse club with the girl scouts I thought I might be able to get a few pictures even if I did not have the display. Well all the pictures were very blurry. I was not sure that replacing my camera is in the cards anytime soon. Really it is a want not a need. Gerard has offered to give me back my old camera which I will gladly take but it is still not the camera that I quickly became a custom to using. So my guess was that I would have to wait for a new camera.  If a sale is outrageous then just maybe it will be in the budget but I did have to just replace my computer so I felt like the budget was shoot.

Thanksgiving was spent at our home as usual. This year was a little different as every year is a little different in our house. We usually have a random guest which this year is to first time in approximately 15 years that we did not. We did host Gerard's cousin and his children. About two weeks ago Aunt Nel had a massive stroke. I was home when Gerard's mother called me. I dropped everything to go assess the situation. To make a long story short she needed to have the clot removed from her brain. She has some function of her left side but it is improving everyday. Because Gerard's cousin lives so far away he wanted to come down to see his mother on Thanksgiving. After all the food was eaten I was looking over the advertisments (it is somewhat of a tradition) and I found the camera I wanted. Oh boy the deal was a good one. I looked at Gerard and he looked at me and told me to get it. I am one lucky girl.

So because I had to work on Thanksgiving night my sisters were sent out into the craziness to purchase my new camera. Jenny (the one with the triplets) took it as a fun night out. She got everything on her list and my list with the help of Julie and Joan. Poor Joan is such a sensitive one and I am afraid the crowds stressed her out but in all I do think that they enjoyed shopping together.

I have about two more weeks until my class is complete. I have just finished my last quiz so that leaves only one presentation and the final exam. This was a fun class. I know that sounds weird but I liked that I was able to manage this class without taking too much time away from Anna.

Tonight we had official Daisy scout business. It was the annual Christmas tree lighting in out town. The mayor spoke and it was quite nice to see that he was not afraid to mention Christmas or Jesus in public. In church today the Priest was talking about how Jesus has been removed from so much of our public areas. I am not a fan of the Macy's day parade (I know I heard you all gasp). I have never really liked it but today when the priest asked if anyone saw the balloon of baby Jesus no remembered seeing it...well because it was not there. Hmmm I wonder if that is one subconscious reason why the parade never appealed to me?

My Daisy scouts are still learning how to act like a Girl scout but in all I think they did a great job. As we were getting ready to go I looked at Gerard and asked if he was coming too. He responded with "Is this something that the dads get to come to?" I teases me about how official our Daisy business is and yes I am talking his ear off about it. We all piled into the car to meet up with the other girl scouts. The other mothers are really quite nice and I probably would have not met them if it were not for the Daisy scouts. I was a little surprised to see that all but one father came (I know he was working his new wife did however come). I was so glad Gerard made the decision to go.

1 comment:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Such a fun time of year! Anna is growing up so much and so beautiful!

Yes yes yes!!! Lets definitely plan something for this spring or summer. . .I know we'll be in Philadelphia again Presidents Day weekend and Memorial Day weekend for Hockey tournaments. . .but we can plan something else.