Monday, February 18, 2013

Home Sweet Home

I made it in from Missouri safe and sound on Saturday. The flight was early so I got to spend the entire day with Anna and Gerard. Anna told me stories of how she missed me and cried for me. Gerard told me stories of the fun that they had while I was away. They went to the boat show and climbed in and out of hundreds of boats. I am happy to say none were purchased.

Saturday Anna spent most of her time sitting on lap. She talked the whole way home from the airport which Gerard and I giggled about. Remember when she did not say a word? She told me that she grew while I was gone and I am happy to say when I measured her she did not grow.

I am also happy to say that the three pregnant ladies that I did not want to deliver all complied with my wishes. We stopped to see Sarah last night (one of the pregnant ladies), she watched Anna for me so that I could go see Jenny. I told her that she is allowed to deliver any time now and she laughed.

Jenny is doing fine. I am amazed everyday by how well she is handling this pregnancy. We talked a little bit about what the babies may look like and what things may need to be done to them. She told me that the hardest part is going to be not seeing them right away. I agree. I am fortunate because I do know two nurses that work in the NICU where the babies will be so I feel good about them being there. NICUs are a small world of nursing so I pretty much know someone is all the local ones.

My week in Missouri was eventful. I did full examinations of live men and women. I brought back so may memories of working with adults that I am a little excited at the possibility of working with adults again. I was able to get some home work but I did not get as much as I wanted too.

This week is going to be a busy one. Jenny's C-section is planned for Friday. Her Baby shower is planned for Saturday. Anna has a half day at school today so my job this afternoon is to go and get the gifts for the shower. It should be a long and fun day.

1 comment:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Welcome home!! God bless for a fun and only fun eventful week.