Monday, April 30, 2012

Back to the grind stone

I just finished up my vacation from work and school. This past weekend I went back to work, and Monday I started back to school. At the beginning of my vacation I wanted to do something fun with Anna. I have been wanting to take her to the Crayola Factory for some time. My sister called to tell me that her husband found a great deal on the Crayola Factory so he bought tickets for us to go. Sweet!

Anna, Nanny and I went to my sister's house for an overnight than off to the factory. I will say we got a later start than I would have liked. We ended up spending about 2 hours at the factory but I am sure we could have spent more time there. Anna and Sloan's favorite part of the factory was by far the modeling clay. I think that the factory was a great experience for them. Anna has a terrific imagination and I would like to see her color a little bit more than she does now.

During the week when Anna was in school I decided that my bedroom was in serious need of an overhaul. This bedroom is by far the most undecorated bedroom that I have ever had. I am in the process of trying to simplify my life in terms of my home. I want to spend less time cleaning and putting stuff away.  I started to think back to when we moved into this house and that is when it hit me that we have been here for close to 7 years.

When we moved to this house it was a train wreck. We were leaving a beautiful brand new home that we built for one that we were not able to live in for over 4 months. By the time it came to my bedroom all I could think about was "I don't want to spend another dime." So we painted the and plopped the furniture in the room. Because I work at night I have special curtains that I had made in 1998 (yes I know that is a long time ago without an update) that enables me to have the room completely dark. I often joke that they are motel 6 curtains.

Over the past couple of months I have been collecting a few new things for my new bedroom. My search for a headboard has not been successful but I found a quote that I really like for my bedroom as well as some beautiful old windows that I want to make into something for the other wall. I promise that I will post some pictures soon.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

So glad you had a good week off. Can't wait for our vacation. Only a month and a half left to go! I'll have to think of some fun things to do over the summer, along with hopefully moving into a new house. And perhaps taking a drive down to the NJ shore!
Melissa

JennStar said...

Sounds like that would be a fun place to take the kiddos! Can't wait to see your updated room- I've been on the look for about a year for a new bedroom set and just haven't been able to find anything that I like (besides a set on Costco.com that had a dresser too big for Mark's wall! *sigh!)

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Vacations are so good and restorative for the soul. . .glad yours was good! Can't wait to see the new bedroom reveal. I've been looking for a new bedspread/quilt/comforter and can't find the exact one I want. Not to mention I don't want to spend 2 or 3 hundred dollars on something my dogs are going to ruin when they jump up on it!! Good luck with the next class!