Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hello...

Anyone still out there? I know it has been a while. I have so much going through my head right now. I know this sounds like an excuse but in fact it is the truth.

Last weekend Anna and I had the pleasure of staying at Stacy, Pat and Aidan's home for the weekend. Anna and I had such a good time that we have made plans to do it again next year. Saturday, Stacy and I took the kids to the Easter party at the Russian Embassy. Stacy and I remarked as to how different each year is at this party.

This year the party showcased Russian folk music. I love music and hearing the band play made me wonder why I have never investigated into Russian folk music. The children put on a short play about a giant who disliked having children play in his garden. The story was sweet and taught about how we should be kind to one another. I recognized a song the children sang from the previous year that I thought was sweet entitled May There Always Be Sunshine. The children gave us little cut out suns with the chorus written on the back.

Chorus:
May there always be sunshine
May there always be blue skies
May there always be Mother
May there always be me.

This year the party was in a different part of the Embassy. The room was spacious and must have been their grand ballroom for major events. I thought it was very interesting to be in a different section of the embassy this year.

I got the pleasure of meeting up with another blogger friend (Liz) and her family. Her boys are so sweet. Anna LOVED playing with Aidan and Landon at the party. She keeps asking "Where the boys?" I love the picture I caught of Aidan and Anna running to get into the Embassy as well as a picture of the three of them outside the Embassy which was pretty cool too.  You can not appreciate just how tall Aidan is in these pictures.





Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get caught up on last week. I have been feeling emotionally exhausted for close to a month. I really am so glad that I have this week off.

7 comments:

JennStar said...

I remember reading last year about this party. Sounds like a lot of fun!! Is it the same weekend each year? I'd love to try to plan a trip up to it next year!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

I love that picture of Aidan and Aidan! Mine didn't turn out quite so well. May I have a copy? I'd love to put it up on my "Wall of Aidan." It's so precious!

We really enjoyed having you all down. Aidan has been talking about Anna quite a lot over the past week. When do I get to see Anna again, Mama??? Next year, baby.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

I meant Aidan and Anna. . .sheesh.

Melissa said...

I love the photos. They look so cute together. I was so hoping to go to the party this year. Oh well, maybe next year. I guess more important things, like selling our house, got in the way! Enjoy your week off. We are in full birthday party craziness right now. I think I see a planned personal day coming my way!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I love the photo from behind!!! Beautiful!

Janet said...

Love the photos! Like how you have always taken Anna to the Russian Embassy For the Easter party. Congrats. On getting an A in your last class. Wish I could of attended the adoption work shop with Y'all since I was adopted and a Birth Mom I would of liked to hear what they said. I cannot find your other blog! Janet

Anonymous said...

What a great event to be able to attend!