Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Has it been a week?

No excuse here for not being around, I have just plain old been busy. The weather here in New Jersey is starting to break and I am hoping for a warm spring. I have so many things running through my mind. This year will prove to be very busy for me I am sure. It seems like I will be travelling quite a bit this year which is nice. In March I plan on attending a conference on adoption in Atlanta called Created for Care.

I am so super excited because at that conference I will get to meet a couple of very special blogger friends. I feel so blessed that I have the ability to go and learn more about adoption. The conference is filled with a bunch of workshops which I will love. April I am planning on our yearly trip to Washington DC for the Russian Embassy party. I am hoping to be able to meet up with Stacy, Pat and Aidan again. This year I am pretty sure Gerard will not be able to attend because he will most likely be working.

I have some other time off in April and I want to go away with Anna. Some place warm and fun for her. Again it will just be the two of us because Gerard will be working. I am sure something exciting will come our way. I have been toying with the idea of staying home until this morning when Anna busted out into tears wanting to see Mickey. August I am planning a trip to Myrtle Beach, SC. I am hoping the girls will also be able to come so I hope to be able to book a room for that in the near future.

By far the biggest news is I HAVE BOOKED THE DISNEY CRUISE!!! Okay it is not until July of 2013 but that does not mean that I am not excited for it. There are a number of families formed through Russian adoption who are planning on going. Mr. Wilson AKA Gerard is also planning on going. I think he is excited too but he is way more reserved than I am.

Here is a little know fact about me...I love to travel. I am the first to say "Lets go here or there." I would rather travel then spend money on other things. I am hoping to get pretty creative this year so that I can make all these travel dreams come true. I am thinking about changing up our finances up some here and start the Dave Ramsey system. We are so close to having everything paid off except our mortgages that I would love to be able to do everything for cash. If anyone uses this system tell me about it. Do you love it? What works and does not work about it?

I feel so delinquent that I have not posted any recent pictures. The true is I have not taken any. I am not sure why I guess I just have not had the camera handy lately. That is going to be a change.

3 comments:

Liane said...

Hi Joy !!
I have been reading your blog since before you brought home Anna !! I too and adoptive mom (3 Russian beauties) and ALSO from NJ !!....I love watching Anna grow !!
I wanted to let you know that I am a Disney Travel agent...so if you are planning a trip....please let me know so I can help you out !! Here is my blog (fairly new) and my email address: www.disneytravelcastleanddreamblog.blogspot.com and liane@castlesanddreamstravel.com

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Hey there! I think it will probably be the Mamas and the babies at the Embassy party. But, we will have a blast. We could go down early and go to one of the museums. . .Aidan's favorite is the Natural History museum. Definitely plan on staying with us so you won't be spending money on that! Plenty of room. . .Still working on Pat re: the cruise. Talk to you soon!

Melissa said...

I so want to go! Maybe next year. I just know as soon as I sign up We'll get a referral and have to travel about that time...hmmm...maybe I should sign up! ; )