Tuesday, November 22, 2011

This and That

The past couple of days I have been off trying to get the mountain of laundry washed, dried, and put away. I am one load away from being done so tomorrow will be spent finishing up the cleaning that I need to do prior to having Thanksgiving dinner. I often wonder why I deep clean prior to Thanksgiving when I should perhaps do that after Thanksgiving.

Last week Anna had her first dental appointment. I have been trying to get her in to see one of the local pediatric but I have not been able to get through to the office. She does have a cavity that needs to be filled. I am on the fence on whether or not I am going to have it filled in the office with laughing gas or in the hospital where they can easily do a complete exam and cleaning under sedation. I did take a few pictures and will add then tomorrow.

Plans are set for our train ride with Santa Claus in December. I can hardly contain my excitement. Anna and I drove to Allaire State park to buy the tickets. Anna and I took a practice train ride which was fun. This is no Polar Express but the tickets were very reasonable which allowed me to open it up to more family members.

While we were at Allaire State Park I took a couple of pictures of Anna. I got in the car convinced that I did not good enough one for our Christmas card but low and behold I did. I had been hoping to toss Gerard and I in front of the camera for a family Christmas card but we just can not seem to get it together again this year.

I am also quite excited to start planning our Christmas crafts. We have reindeer ornaments and gingerbread houses. Like last year I want to focus more on spending time with the ones we love rather then at the store. This however will not stop me from being a crazed shopper on black Friday. I just love being out in the crowds, I know it sounds weird.

Gerard has told me that I MUST go through all the Christmas decorations this year. I have way too many decorations. Prior to Anna I collected a number of different Hallmark ornaments. Every branch of my tree is covered with more that one ornament. Last year we did not even take down one ornament opting instead for ones that were homemade by Anna and I. Years ago I talked one of my sisters into buying the Hallmark football ornaments. Now she has two boys and they both love these ornaments and want them on their special trees in their rooms. I am happy now to have a girl because I can pass those ornaments off to my sister for her second son.

Thanks to a fellow blogger friend I have been invited to join Pinterest. Stacy I promise as soon as I figure out how to invite you I will. I have not gotten a chance to really look through the site yet but I think it will be quite interesting.

I promise in the next day I will post a some pictures.

2 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

No worries Joy! When you have time. Tell Gerard that I am under orders to go through our ornaments this year too. . .not a fun prospect at all!! God bless and Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!

JennStar said...

Debating heading out myself- but maybe not until 2am (after the real crazies here are back home and in bed!) LOL!
Oh Pinterest, how I love thee!! Super fun and Super adictive (there, you've benn warned!). Find me when you get on! ;o)