Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Belated Thanksgiving



Happy Thanksgiving even though I am a little late. We had a wonderful day. Wednesday I had hoped to get some of my prep work done but I came home from work with a headache that I could not shake. I slept from 8:30 am to 3:00pm which is very unusual. I got up only long enough to make some dinner and then back to bed by 9pm.

Thanksgiving morning I woke up early, Gerard went to the gym. I quietly prepared my turkey and side dishes. Sorry no turkey picture this year because it was carved before I thought about it. I did try a new side dish, acorn squash stuffed with apples, onions, raisins, cheddar cheese, and a sprinkle of brown sugar. I wrapped them in tin foil and covered them on the grill. They were perfect.

Dinner this year was quieter because we had less people than usual. If you are asking if we had a stranger at the table the answer is yes. My sister brought a friend whom I have never met, Harry was a very nice man, and we enjoyed his company.

Because Wednesday was an unproductive day my schedule was off, and I had homework that still needed to be done after dinner. Once I was finished with homework it was time to shop! Gerard and Anna were fast asleep so I ventured out to the stores. I was able to many of the things that I wanted so I am happy with the results.

This year my sister Jenny pictured below was with us. At dinner she suggested that we all express one thing that we are thankful for this year. Papa told us he was thankful for his grandchildren. Anna perked up and told him "I love you Papa. You a sweet man." I think about how far she has come from just two years ago, and that was what I was thankful for. Gerard was thankful that we were not working, and I second that. I think now that he is on a day shift schedule he is so much more aware of how awful it feels to work nights but I am thankful that I have the ability to work at night.

In all this was a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hope that everyone else had a nice day with their family and friends.









2 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

The picture of you three (you, Anna and Gerards back) would make a wonderful Christmas card! I really like the picture because, although it is Gerards back, it appears--and I'm sure it's real--that he is hugging the two of you close and you are both smiling because he is! I love it.

Janet said...

Like the pictures! sure wish that once we could see a picture of Gerard.I agree with the previous comment about Gerard hugging the two of you close and You and Anna smiling because he is. Janet