Saturday, November 5, 2011

Surprise Wedding...who knew?

The other night Gerard, Anna, and I were out at dinner. We were enjoying our favorite taco joint when as cool as cucumber Anna announced that she and Anthony got married. Gerard's jaw dropped. He has stated that she is not to get married before she is 30 so clearly her nuptials at the tender age of 4 was a bit of a shock for him.

I laughed at his reaction. I asked her if she had met his parents yet because that was important. I also asked what kind of a job would Anthony have in order to support her. I was amazed by her answers.

First off she told me "Anthony's parents very nice!" Well okay that is good but back to the how will he support you at the age of four? That is when she told me "Silly Momma, Anthony three." Oh boy my girl likes a younger man I see. Then she told me "Anthony will work with Daddy." "So Anthony is an Electrician?" I said. To this she replied "Silly Momma, no Anthony a dragon slayer!"

So there you have it apparently Gerard is a dragon slayer and I am a mother-in-law!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

She is so funny. I love the ideas these kids get in their heads. Colby's newest girlfriend is a little girl he calls Marvelous!
Melissa
P.S. Be careful on your next dragon slaying adventure Gerard!

The Robins' Nest said...

That's a funny story to remember to tell her when she's 25! My 5 year old son asked me recently, "Who will I marry Mom?" Then answering his own question said, "Mom, I like Lily, she's really fast on the tire swing." Apparently the criteria at 5 years old is how fast you can go around on the tire swing.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute!!! Thanks for sharing!! I still love and enjoy your blog!!

Julie W!!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Awesome!!! I love her imagination! A Dragon Slayer. . .I have to tell Aidan he has some stiff competition! : ) LOL!!!!!