Monday, November 14, 2011

A Beautiful Day

Sunday we spent the day with Gerard's family. As a family we celebrated JoanMarie's christening into the church. I would love to share pictures but AM and Eddie prefer that I do not at the time. Maybe I will be able to convince them it is okay but for now I guess you will get me rambling about the day instead.

First off JoanMarie has only a little bit of hair but it is going to be red which I love. She is such a sweet baby. For the christening JoanMarie wore the same dress that Eddie and many of his family members wore. Eddie believed it was over 50 years old and I would have to agree. The dress was just my style, long, white, cotton with lots of detail work that you could only appreciate up close.

Gerard, Anna, and I set out for the church which was about an hour and a half from our home. I love that she has lots of questions. We talked about what behavior we expected from her and for the most part she did quite well in the church. She even reminded us that we needed to be quiet because this was a church. I loved how she told people Jesus was in her heart.

The service was very nice. AM and I both started to tear up when the priest spoke about abortion and how precious life is. His words were true and honest.

Since JoanMarie's arrival Anna has both grown and regressed if that is possible. She tells us all the time about JoanMarie. "JoanMarie a baby. JoanMarie pooped. JoanMarie wonderful. I love JoanMarie." I love that she is so excited about the baby and can freely express how she feels about JoanMarie. I wonder how she will feel when JoanMarie does more that kind of hangs out in someone's arms.

The regression that we are experiencing in my opinion is completely normal. In the presence of JoanMarie if someone tells her she is growing up she tells them in a stern voice "No! I a baby." and promptly wants me to how her like a baby. I then tell her that no matter how big she gets she will always be my baby. After a little rocking she is off like a rocket playing around again.

She has also taken up roll playing, mostly when Gerard and I are together. She tells me "You be Auntie AM, Daddy you be Uncle Eddie, I be JoanMarie." The first time this happened I was taken by surprise. We play along each and every time but I can not help but feel that on a deeper level she feels like she missed this part of her life and is trying to recreate it so she has this imprinted in her memory. Is it possible to tell a child you love them too often?

The after party was held at the Knights of Columbus in town. To say Anna was over stimulated is an understatement. It was loud, lots of kids, and a number of people who just had not met her yet. The balloons kept her busy and every adult in her close proximity when she let them go. The funniest thing was she kept an eagle eye on Papa. She loves him so much which is just wonderful.

Even though Anna endured a very long day the over stimulation lasted well into the night. At 10 pm she was still up and running around. Gerard and I held her and rocked her, finally sleep won the battle.

On a side note. I have a new special project. This is one reason why I have seemed distracted. I have started another blog, one that is private for now. I intend to open it up as soon as a few things are finalized. Most likely this will not be until after the holidays. I promised that 2012 would be filled with fun and excitement.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my! Another blog!! Please please give me a hint....
And yes, I agree her regression is pretty normal. Colby loves to be a big boy but when he's around a baby he wants even more hugs and kisses than normal. We see how big they've gotten but we forget they are still really little yet.
Melissa

Ms. Elaine said...

I have missed you

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you share your wonderful blog with us "strangers!"

--Julie Walker