Sunday, October 2, 2011

How did it become October already?

I feel like the month of September was a complete blur. I did not write about half of what I wanted to write about last month. Yes we are home from Florida. I know I need to put up pictures of our trip but I have hit a bump in the road. The day before I left for Florida I purchased a new computer mostly because my 6 year old lap top that is missing a few keys was really starting to run slow. No my issue is I have all my pictures downloaded to that laptop so I am working between two laptops for the time being. I know this is no excuse but really I promise I will get a few pictures attached to this post.

The day after we returned from Florida I co-hosted a baby shower for AM, Eddie and Baby JoanMarie. We were blessed to have close to 50 close family members and friends join us in celebrating JoanMarie's arrival into our family. She is such a beautiful baby. The little stinker has gained a pound already. I hope to be able to see her this week perhaps when Anna is at school.

The rest of the week I spent trying to things organized, doing school work and trying to get Anna back into the routine of going to school. We have had a few challenges that I believe are left over from our trip with Anna. I hope to elaborate this week. I picked up a few extra days at work so I feel like my schedule is so tight that if one thing pops up the day will be shot. I hope to be able to slow down a bit in November so that I can enjoy the holidays.

The other day I realized that my two year calendar is ending this year. I am so attached to scheduling and my calendar I feel lost without it. I feel the need to sit down and plan my time off for next year. I do have one small trip planned that I am super excited about. I will be going on an adoption retreat in Atlanta and meeting up with a few of my blogger friends. The retreat is planned for March and I am sure I will welcome the break from our usual cold weather. We are in the 60's today so I fear summer is over.

I have a feel like this year has had so many blessings for me and my family. I do have a few things planned for next year and perhaps a few surprises too. Prior to going to Disney my goal was to have 1/3 of my debt paid off. I am happy to say that I met that goal. I hope to have more paid off in the next 6 months. On one hand I feel like slowing down and just enjoying life is what I should be doing but in order to reach my goal of working part-time I have to have all my unfavorable debt paid off. My goal is to not bust the budget this Christmas and stay on the path to being debt free.

My nieces and I have taken up couponing. Actually Me-Me is the Master-mind, La-La is the second in command and I just follow what they tell me to do. I love it because it is a nice switch up in our roles. Using coupons does take a little bit of time but I can feel a difference in the amount of money that I am spending.

I will leave you with a few pictures from Disney.











I am not sure when we are going back but even Gerard said we will be back sooner then he thought we would be.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like you are super busy. I am so glad you all had a great trip to Disney, even Gerard! Love the pics. I know what you mean about Sept disappearing. I have so many photos to post and things to write, I just have no time. Hopefully soon. Wonder if we will ever get time to have a trip to see eachother???
Melissa

sonflowerjax said...

I am now going to the march conference too!!! We will have to meet!! How awesome!! So happy you're on your way to your financial goals, and what an amazing trip! Can't wait to take the boys someday!!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Did we have September??? : ) Your trip sounds like it was so much fun! Looks like Anna met some really cool and beautiful ladies, too. Keep plugging away on that debt. It's what we all aim for! Looking forward to hearing more about the retreat. I'd like to go, but not with the way Pat's work schedule is!

Ms. Elaine said...

busy...busy...busy! Thanks for the update!

junglemama said...

How precious. :) Love all the pics!

Amy said...

Looks like a great trip!!

Ms. Elaine said...

Beginning to think November is going to be here before we get more updates!...hehehe

Anonymous said...

your still blogging ur my hero!
patti i lost my password