Thursday, October 20, 2011

King

"Where are you?"


In of my post I forgot to mention that while on vacation King took an alternate vacation. That is right we lost King at the beach in St Petersburg. I did not even realize that King was not with us until the day after we checked into Disney. I called the hotel twice while I was in Florida. The man very nicely took down my name and number but King was not found. I tore apart all the suit cases and the rental car in the hopes that he was with us but just tucked in somewhere where I could not see him.

Anna was so busy that I am not sure she realized he was missing. We were careful not to mention his name in front of her because I was dreading the question "Where a King?"

Anna's King is a very worn, small, stuffed animal of Scar from the movie Lion King. What I did not realize is that this particular King was born in 1994. After we got home I started to search eBay for a replacement King. To my surprise, I was able to find a replacement King to the tune of 155 dollars. I decided to make one more call to the hotel. I was never so happy to hear the man on the other end of the phone tell me that he had King and he was going to overnight him to us.

I will say that I was still worried that it was not really "Our King" so I waited for the package to arrive. Once I opened it I started to cry. Even I missed King.

I picked Anna up from school and told her I had a surprise waiting for her. When she saw her King the tears started to stream down her face. I think that although she never mentioned King was gone she knew King was missing. I think this also had something to do with her asking if I was leaving her in Disney.

Gerard and I have vowed that King will never leave home again.




These are picture of Anna opening up the package that King was returned in

7 comments:

AMY said...

Joy: I've never left a comment before but have followed your blog since before Anna came home. I have enjoyed reading about your journey together. My son has a lamb called "Lammie Pie" and he has been lost at Walmart and several other places. Thankfully, he has been found each time. I know the worry you have over a beloved toy like King. So glad King came home safe and sound.

AMY

The Robins' Nest said...

Oh my gosh I bet she was SO happy to have King back!! My son Christian once lost his Mickey while we were shopping and we didn't discover it was gone until it was time to go to bed. I tracked Mickey down that night and had a tear in my eye when I found him at Walgreens. W

Colette said...

Oh I'm so glad this story had a happy ending, my heart was in my mouth reading!

How wonderful that the hotel helped you out!

Although I am a grown up I have a stuffed cat I take on vacation with me as he is the double of my beloved kitty Stitch. When I was in Florida last October I left him on the bed in our room when we came back he was nowhere to be found. He was found the next day in the laundry room. Highly embarrassing for me to go to reception and ask for the 'missing kitty'!

Melissa said...

So glad King was found. I can just imagine the smile on her face when Anna saw him. And yes, I think that might have a little to do with Anna asking about you leaving her at Disney. But you are right, at age 2 kids start to worry about mom and dad leaving them and she has been with you 2 years. It is also about the same amount of time that she was in Russia and then her life changed. Although I know how upsetting having her ask you that and crying for you is, it is a "normal" toddler thing to do. There is a little girl in Colby's swim lessons who cries the whole half hour for her dad and he stands right next to her by the pool. Anyway, just my thoughts. Glad King is found.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad king was found! it is obvious in the pictures she loves king.

cupcake's mom said...

That second pic with Anna hugging King is priceless. Absolutely precious :)

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

So glad King is back home where he belongs!!!

Aidan has a Tigger. . .I gave it to him the day I met him, so he has definitely seen better days. He has been sad since he started Kindergarten because Tigger has to "guard Aidan's bed" while Aidan is at school. . .Tigger no longer gets to go with Aidan!

So so glad King is back home. I know exactly how you all feel!