Friday, July 15, 2011

Rush, rush, rush

I feel like some days there is not nearly enough hours in the day. This past week in particular I have felt nothing but rushed. The way my schedule has been falling with working the two jobs is three in a row. Two twelve hour shifts and one eight hour shift to be exact. At my regular full time job we have been so busy that I have been getting out late pretty much everyday. This is particularly unusual for me because I do LOVE leaving work on time. I have about a 35-40 minute commute so that is another reason why I dislike leaving work late. If I time it right Anna is usually still asleep when I get home.

I am not sure if I feel less urgency to get out on time knowing that Gerard is home with Anna or what it is but I vow to get out on time every morning I can. Add in school work and house work and I feel exhausted. Thankfully my classes are coming to an end. I love being on the downward slide and wrapping it all up. Next trimester I will be down to one class and Anna will be in school full time so I think it may feel a little easier in a couple of weeks.

At the being of the year I planned out my vacations like I usually do. I like having them planned in advance mostly because I like to spread my time off evenly throughout the year. Usually I average a week off every month. For the last couple of months I have had different things crop up in the middle of my vacations that have made them feel rushed. Yesterday I started my summer vacation a lovely 12 days off. My schedule will be very tight when I go back to work as I will be working 5 out of 6 days. I know it does not sound like a lot but it is 56 hours not counting the commute.

Which browse.vs me to Anna, in the past week when she has been out with Gerard while I sleep or do homework she has been asking for me a lot. I breaks my heart to hear her tell me "I need you, mamma" so I decided that this vacation is all hers. I want to spend as much time as possible with her. Quality time, not me picking up the house or read a research study while she plays but time just having fun with her.

Gerard and I have agreed that I will use the mornings to do some school work but by noon the books all get closed. This is a very special week coming up for us. I am toying with the idea of packing up and heading out of town for a couple of days. I am trying to resist this because I have other plans for the money that I would spend, more on that later this week perhaps.

For the next couple of days I have decided we are not going to rush anywhere to do anything.

1 comment:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Excellent idea. . .stop and enjoy some time with the kiddo! Hope you have a great time off!