Thursday, July 21, 2011

I love this whole place

Wednesday we decided to take Anna and Hans to Morey's Pier in Wildwood for the day. I remember going there a number of years ago with my nephew for his birthday. I really liked it then but this time I LOVED it. The drive was about an hour from our home. I consider ourselves very lucky because we actually do live in a spot where others choose to vacation. Within an hours ride are 5 boardwalks with lots to do for all ages. One boardwalk (Ocean City) is very family friendly because the town is an alcohol free town which today is very unusual.

AM (Gerard's sister), Gerard, Greg, Lil Joy, Jaime and I packed up the cars for the trip. Thanks to Jaime's new love of couponing we got a steal of a deal. We purchased admission to 3 water parks and 3 amusement piers for the cost of only 30 dollars per person. I know that sounds like a lot but the cost would have been almost double without the coupon.

We kept telling Anna that we had something really special planned for the day. On our drive into Wildwood the attractions caught her eye and she exclaimed from the back seat "I love this place...I love this whole place!" Before I let her out of the car seat I had a talk with her about keeping her listening ears on for us because where we were going was very busy. Well because the day was overcast or should I say thick with fog all day long the crowds were pretty small. We got so lucky.

I fear Gerard and I are becoming helicopter parents. I felt an internal freak out when I could not see Anna or Hans. Mind you we were 3 adults per child but I left feeling like was just the right number of adults. I am not sure whether or not it is because I am older or a parent or just used to counting heads in the nursery at work but I found myself wondering why more adults were not closer to their children?

Here is what shocked me, when we entered the park Anna listened to every direction I gave her. Usually I have to chase her down to put on the sun block instead she stood there perfectly still while I applied it. She held hands without a fight but most importantly she stayed close by one of us. Anna and Hans had so much fun jumping in the water and going down the slides. Anna is a bit of a dare devil and so is Hans.

Here is another little know fact about Gerard and I, we have never been to an amusement park together. I love them, he dislikes them so we just never went as a couple before. We have never spent that much time on a boardwalk together either which when I pointed this out to him I was told I was wrong even though I know I am right. Better to not fight about the silly stuff I always say. I did have to giggle a little bit when Gerard started talking about the next time we bring Anna to the boardwalk like that is something we have always done.

Towards the end of the day I had had my fill of boardwalk food. The pizza was pretty good, the fries with vinegar were better but the fried Reese cups now they were the best thing I had tasted all day. Can you believe that they fry Reese cups? Gerard walked all the way back to the other pier to get us some. He did consider buying the fried pickle also but decided that it was not a good combination.

Believe it or not I did not talk any pictures. I am waiting for Jaime to download her pictures so that I can have them too. I have a few short videos of Anna on a couple of rides but there are other children in them that I do not know so I do not think it is fair to post them. I am pretty sure I would not like that so I am trying to be considerate.

I need to write an entry about my adoption tax credit so maybe this weekend I will get around to it but I have more pressing things on my mind tonight. For now I am going to ask you to say a prayer for my Mother, she really needs it right now, more on that next week. I hope to have some real answers then.

My bed is calling my name and I am praying that sleep will come to me quickly.

4 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Sounds like a lot of Fun! What an awesome day. . .we're going to go to Baltimore the weekend of August 20th. We're going to wander the Inner Harbor and go to the Aquarium. Want to join us?

JennStar said...

Sounds like a great day!! That's the kind of stuff that great family memories are made of!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Y'all had alot of fun! Fried reeces?! YUM!! I will be praying for your Mom! Janet

Lisa said...

Joy,
I am anxious to hear how your adoption tax credit is coming along. We are still waiting on ours.. I was told they are backed up. No kidding!

Sounds like you had fun!