Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Airfare booked!

Booked! What a deal I got on airfare. A couple months back Gerard and I decided we would take Anna to Disney for her birthday again this year. She has asked everyday since we came home to go back. We also decided to open the trip up to her Grandparents which has made it more exciting for her in my opinion. Every time she sees Papa she tells him "Go Florida, Mickey house" then she runs down the list of people who are going.

I had booked the hotel then I picked out the resturants which are also all booked. We are able to use points from one of Gerard's reward programs to book the van for the week. Yes, Gerard will be driving a van which goes against his personality which makes me laugh everyday. I was thinking maybe he will like it and we can trade my car in for one, sigh I am pretty sure that will not happen.

I have been watching the airfare everyday 2 and 3 times a day waiting for the right deal. Like magic yesterday I found airfare for are you ready, drum roll please...55 dollars per person, round trip, direct flight. I scrambled to book the flights, could not find my credit card in the process, thank goodness I have those numbers memorized. I know that makes me sound like a freak but success, 6 flights booked!

I have been fighting the urge to pack up and take a quick vacation but I am trying to practice self control and delayed gradification. I have started saving for our spending money and would like to save like that for all my future vacations too. The excitement here about our trip is amazing.

I did splurge on a new dress for Anna. Gerard thinks it is perfect for the plane. Anna has now decided that pig tails or as she calls them puppy dog ears are her new favortive way to wear her hair. This morning to celebrate my victory with the airfare Anna decided Mickey Mouse ears were in order.

Now I think I want to find a photographer to have professional beach pictures take of Anna with her grandparents while we are there. I also have one more big expense that I am trying to save for but only time will tell if I can make it happen.



6 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh! How adorable!
Melissa

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

sooooooo cute!!!!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Totally awesome!! I want your secret on the airfare booking. . . : 0 We should compare notes about our summer vacations--you all Disney World, us Disneyland!!!

JennStar said...

I don't know the cost or legistics of it, but I do know DIsney offers photography services at some of their resorts. Beach Club does- might be worth a look into. :o)
And where on earth did you find such a deal on flights?? I'd love to know the right sites to stalk!

Ms. Elaine said...

Looks like a fun trip for everyone!

Janet said...

Oh my goodness, Love the dress and the pic's of Anna are adorable! Know you will have a great time! Janetc