Wednesday, July 10, 2013

40th Birthday

On the 4th of July we celebrated my sister's 40th birthday! I can not believe my baby sister is now 40. We had the whole family over. The babies are growing and Anna has good and more challenging days when they are here. The weather here has been hot. Our air conditioner has been temperamental and I need to call a repairman.

Today I plan of starting to pack for our big trip. We are going on a Disney cruise with a bunch of friends we have met through adoption. This trip has been in the works for about 18 months. I am so excited that it is so close but I am feeling the pressure of packing for the voyage.

I love the fact that we have worked hard to save for this trip. We have our spending money set aside. Gerard and I have been saving each week for about a year now. I highly recommend this weekly savings. About half way through Anna started to want to save money too. She made her own envelope to hold her money. Every week we make a big deal about putting our money away. She gets just as excited as we do.

The process of packing is a bit overwhelming. My hope is to be able to fit everything into one suit case. I do think it is possible so I am not really worried. We will also be sending at least one box down maybe two before we arrive in Florida. I just wanted to give an update before I forgot.

2 comments:

sonflowerjax said...

Living vicariously through you! :-)

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

You are going to have a blast!