Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Disney Cruise Part 2

Our first port of call was Nassau, Bahamas. Our day started early with a ferry ride to Blue Lagoon Island. When I saw that we could swim with the dolphins I knew this was the one excursion that I wanted to do with Anna and Gerard. I will not lie I waited up and booked this excursion the minute I was able to do so.

The island was BEAUTIFUL! We were split into small groups of 30. We each got the chance to pet, feed, dance and kiss a dolphin. I totally enjoyed the entire experience. After the dolphin encounter we were free to enjoy their beach until 3:45 pm. The water was warm, blue and gentle. There were hammocks hanging between palm trees and it felt like paradise. If I ever get the chance to visit this island again the beach day would be enough for me.



 
 
These are the only pictures I have so far because I have not had my disposable water camera developed. I am honesty not sure there are better pictures on that camera. As you all can imagine Gerard is not so patient when  the camera comes out so I am sure I do not have the pictures I wanted. sigh.
 
We made it back to the boat for a pre-dinner ice cream and a rest. One thing I liked about the dinning experience is that we each night we are taken to a different dinning room. The first night it was interactive which was very cool. The second night it was the gardens of France, and the third and fourth night were in the Royal Palace. My favorite food was in the Royal Palace and my favorite experience was in the Animator (the interactive one).
 
The third day is when we went to Disney's private island known as Castaway Cay. Gerard ran the early morning 5K. I will not lie I sent him on this run so that Anna and I could have some time with the characters. We got up early to meet Donald duck, Captain Hook, Mr. Smee and her favorite Stitich. Gerard met us at breakfast then it was back to the room to apply loads of sunblock. This private island was also beautiful.

 
My camera lens was a bit foggy.




 
A tram took us to the beach area. The sand was warm and soft. The water was the perfect temperature. Lunch was tasty. We had no complaints about this magical stop. I could have stayed there all day. We actually sent Gerard back to the ship early because Anna and I were not done playing. Later that night the ship hosted a pirate night with fireworks but the beach wiped us out.
 
The following day was our at sea day. We decided to go see Monster's University. The pool was too crowded for us. Gerard and I decided that this was our least favorite day on the cruise. If we were to cruise again without this large group we would pick a cruise that did not have an at sea day. We liked the ports of call best. Overall this was a beautiful cruise and I think it was worth the money that we spent.
 
At dinner we were able to sit near the other families who traveled with us. Anna loved being able to visit with her new friends in between courses. Anna ate steak every night and also decided that she also likes salad...dressing on the side please.


No comments: