Saturday, June 22, 2013

One chapter has ended...

Yesterday was packed full of excitement. Anna has officially finished her last day of preschool. How is it possible? I remember just yesterday I was debating on whether or not to send her that first year at all. She is growing up too fast. Here is the recount of her first day of preschool. Yesterday she came home with her symbol that she would move from play station to play station. It was bittersweet to see her little Anna apple in her back pack.

Anna will be switching schools next year. None of the children in her class will be in her new school. She has made a few friends that I know she will miss. Hopefully I will be able to host a few play dates with them. I met up with one of the mothers on Wednesday leaving Target. She mentioned that she was picking her daughter up from school on Friday so I asked if she wanted to play after pick up.

At first we decided on the park but at the last minute I asked what about the beach? I packed my beach gear (oh my do I need a bigger car) and we were off to the beach. Me-Me and Hans met us at the beach also. The three of them played for hours in and out of the water.

I talked to Anna about what our summer time goals should be. She mostly looked at me like I was nuts but I did my best to explain what I was thinking. Having made the decision to not take a class this summer really has freed up so much time. I plan on not wasting a minute. We do have some plans made and some that still need to be made.

Yesterday I actually broke out my camera again. I am not quite sure why I have not taken so many pictures as of late. So rather than write more I figured I will add some of the pictures instead.

 
This was last year's end of school photo

 
The first day of school this year

 
Gerard walking her to the door on the first day of school

 
Yesterday Anna's last day of preschool
(No quite sure I did not realize my camera was set in the black and white mode)
 


1 comment:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Love the black and white! Anna is really looking so grown up! Have to tell you, my mom just--like 15 minutes ago--said she absolutely loves the picture of Anna and Aidan holding hands and running away from us and toward the Russian Embassy. . .it's on my Aidan wall going to the basement Rec Room. . .love it too. Miss you guys!! Don't grow up too fast, Miss Anna Banana!! : )