Tuesday, March 20, 2012

It makes a difference

So I promised that I would write about how me running affects Anna. Are the two related even at all. Well...the answer is yes they are. Before Anna came home almost three years ago Gerard bought me a bike. He decked it all out with a basket and a baby seat. I really like the bike because it did not strain my back when I sat on it.

Insert one broken elbow and that was it. The bike sat for a year. I was not able to put that kind of pressure on my arm. Last year towards the end of the summer Gerard and I decided to take the bikes to the diner in town. The ride is about 3 maybe 4 miles. It really is not far if you think about it. We strapped Anna into her seat, put on our helmets and started out for the diner. I could was not able to get halfway there without stopping. Gerard and I switched bikes we made it to the diner ate our breakfast and I felt disguised.

Two weekends ago the weather was beautiful. So that Sunday we decided to dust off the bikes, add air in the tires and bike to the diner for breakfast. I was able to ride the bike to and from the diner with Anna in her seat without stopping.

Usually I run without Anna for obvious reasons...it is easier! There have been a few occasions where I needed to take her or Hans with me. On those occasions I loaded them up with a blanket for the wind (okay barely a breeze) and a snack. Anna was the funniest because she started to yell "Faster, faster, giddy up horsey!" Anna has a big imagination and must have thought I was very fast like a galloping horse. I will say hard to laugh and run.

So I would say me running has been a very good thing for Anna. She told me when she is older she will run with me. That makes me smile. I have made a few small changes and had in my opinion big results.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back and blogging. I was missing the stories about Anna! Sorry you have been in a sad place

Justin and Kimberly said...

Joy, I missed the post about you opening a new blog and to give you our e-mail address if interested. Here today I was just getting caught up on google reader and saw it. Anyways, if okay, will you please include me? Thanks! Kim

morrissey.kimberly@gmail.com