Thursday, March 22, 2012

Close but not quite there

I am on my way to the Created for Care conference near Atlanta. I failed to book airfare in a timely manner so I made the decision to just drive. How far could it be? Okay it is pretty far. Now that I think about it this is the first time I have driven this far alone. Usually, I am sitting in the passenger seat reading a magazine, and Gerard is driving.

My original plan was to fly in and out...well that was scrapped. Anna this week started to cling to me a little more than usual so I had the idea of asking La-La and Jimmy to ride down with me so Anna was close by if she needed me...well that did not work out because La-La had to work. So Anna is home with Gerard, La-La and Jimmy. It is nice because I know they will keep her busy enough to not miss me. Aristotle and Sloan will also be over this weekend for playing. By Monday she will be missing me.

I hope to come back from this conference with a bunch of information and a little bit different perspective on adoption. I am really most excited about being surrounded by others who have a heart for adoption. I have so many questions this week for some reason.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Joy: This sounds like such an interesting conference!!! Do they only have it in January and March? Is it always on the East Coast? I would love to find out more information...I'll have to go to their website and see if the info is there!

Have a great time and safe travels!

~Laura

sonflowerjax said...

Oh my gosh, I forgot you are going! I am too! My flight leaves in a few hours! I'm going to private message you on Facebook so we can meet up! :-)

Melissa said...

I've never thought of going to one of those conferences. Honestly, I haven't even heard much about them. I bet you will have a great time. Oh, do you have the info about the Easter Party at the Russian Embassy in DC? I just might make it this year. We were planning to visit Mike's sister in DC over my Spring Break, attached to Easter. I just might put it off a couple days to make sure we are there for that. Yeah!!!
Melissa

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

I neve even heard of this conference. . .and yet everyone is going!! Maybe we can carpool next year???