Saturday, February 19, 2011

Where have I been?

Well I have been home and just plugging along in my daily routine.

When I first met Anna close to 2 years ago I used my brand new video camera to film her and I playing together. The type of camera I used was one that burns it to a DVD. I fully admit that I know very little about camcorders but I knew I wanted footage of Anna walking and talking. Over the months while I waited I would watch that video and it got me through knowing that one day I would get to watch her in person.

As many of you know once Anna got home things more then exploded in my house with my Mother getting sick, issues at work, the holidays and just getting used to being her Mother. Some how that video was lost. I suspect it was through out by mistake. I have been quite sad in knowing that this video is gone. I wanted to make a cool video to music that included footage from Moscow, Cheboksary and Anna and I at the orphanage.

To my surprise I was looking through my computer hoping to find something else and to my surprise I found the footage that I thought was lost on the disk that I think was thrown out. So this is the reason for my absence from my blog. My computer has been running very slow either from the number of pictures I have on the hard drive or perhaps a virus. Last week my nerves got the best of me and I packed up my computer to take to my friend who is a computer Wiz. He actually enjoys fixing them go figure.

My hope it that he will be able to get this video downloaded onto a DVD that I can pop into our player. I so badly want to see my little baby running around again, she has gotten to much bigger. I feel like the time is just slipping away from me and I want so badly to enjoy every minute.

I plan on asking Mike to put a small piece of her video on You Tube so I can embed it onto the blog. After all that is my goal for this year among many goals that I have set for us. So this is the explanation for no pictures and the lack of stories.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Hey Joy. I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I can't wait to see the video of Anna. I have been watching quite a bit of Hope in the past few days. She was so little, it just amazes me.

Take care,
Kellie

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Those darned computers. . .they are always getting sick with some bug or other. . .just ruining everything! : ) Seriously, we picked up something in Russia on our laptop. . .we had to have one of our FBI type friends fix it for us!! Fortunately, he was able to save all of our pictures of Aidan in Russia. . .thanks be to God!

Christen L said...

I've been working on finishing our video of Baby C from trip one. It's been difficult to let myself complete it... I think bc it's my little excuse to watch his videos everyday. ;)

I hope you'll share some of yours when you put it all together.