Monday, January 31, 2011

I never thought...

this day would come. When I started the adoption process I was told it would be close to 18 months before I would be home with a child. I hoped and prayed for something different but in the end this estimate was correct. It was 17 months and 9 days from the time that I sent my paperwork to Russia to the time that I brought Anna home. I remember crying when I was told how long it would be before our adoption would be final and thinking I just can not do this that is way too long. I had wanted to post this the other day but we are now home longer then 17 months and 9 day.

I think back now and can not imagine her not being here with us. She is so full of energy and spunk. These are only a few reasons why I love her, believe me the list is quite long. I wish I could freeze this period in time and just savor every minute with her but as she grows I still feel the same way so as she gets older I think I will always feel this way.

I have not figured out the date just yet but sometime in June Anna will be here with us, her forever family longer then she will have been in the orphanage. I find it amazing to think that this day is fast approaching and will welcome this day with a smile on my face.

5 comments:

The Robins' Nest said...

It is amazing and wonderful how once your child is with you the whole long process to get there fades into the background and life takes over!

Michelle said...

i can't believe it's been that long - time sure does fly! praying you through your adoption journey, i was so surprised & happy for you when you posted that you received a referral... for a GIRL! :-D i'll continue to be praying for all of you - thanks for sharing your little girl with those of us who love your family & have been there to pray her home to you.

* michelle

p.s. - any plans for a sibling for Anna, either soon or in the future? :-)

Melissa said...

And remember when we thought they would never come home and how long those days seemed! We just "celebrated" Colby's being home longer than in the orphanage in mid-December. It was an amazing feeling. 2 years in Feb! Wow! They certainly have changed our lives forever, and us theirs. I'll never forget how I felt during that wait, but now it doesn't seem so terrible. And yes, thank you for sharing with us in your journey.
Melissa

Janet said...

It is amazing! Can't wait to read your post on Anna being with you longer than in the orphanage! My question is the same as Michelle's: Is their any plans for a sibling for Anna? Janet

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Isn't it great to be well into that second year. . .one that is so much better than that first year??? AND, the third year is even better!!! I love that you are thinking about how long she has been with you and when you will mark the point of she has been with you as long as when she was in the orphanage. . .we hit that the very day of our 2 year post placement visit. . .big day for us!! And now we are a year later. ..God bless and enjoy life!!