Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!

For the first time in 12 years Gerard and I were off together for New Year's Eve. He usually works and I occasionally work or end up on call. I remember the first time I was home alone for New Year's Eve. It was 1999, I was off he was working. The year before it was the other way around. I remembered it feeling a little sad. He called me at 12:05 to wish me a Happy New Year.

Last year I was scheduled to work and talked my friend Nancy into working. What I did not tell her was I was breaking down at the thought of not being with Anna for New Year's Eve. Last night as I got ready to go out with Gerard and Anna is when all those memories came flooding back to me.

A year ago getting Anna to sleep was still some thing that caused me to stress. Anna was not sleeping well at all. Many nights she would not fall asleep until close to midnight this was accompanied with lots of crying mostly by her and occasionally by me. Shortly after the start of the new year Anna and I figured out a bed time routine that worked for us. It seems to me that things just finally started to click around here right after the new year.

I have a bunch of plans for the this year. Today I am planning on getting my list for 2011 together. I have also decided to start a 365 day Photography project in the hopes of becoming a better photographer. So I am excited and can not wait to see what this year has in store for us.

I hope and pray you all have a Happy, Healthy New Year!

2 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Awesome! Funny what a difference a year makes, isn't it?? 2011 will be even better!!

Happy New Year!

Melissa said...

It really is amazing how different our lives are from just last year. I LOVE your photography project. It is really cool and the first photo is just adorable. Can't wait to follow it along.
Melissa