Sunday, September 29, 2013

Another week

has slipped away. I am not sure if I ever blogged about Anna's new doll house. Gerard had been shopping for a shed for his garden stuff. Our garage was feeling a little stuffed to him. I will not mention that I told him years ago that we needed a shed...I guess I just did. So he had decided on an 8x10 shed. I resisted. Really I wanted a bigger shed so that we could also have a play house. He blames pinterest I just say it was good planning.

We ended up with an 8x16 foot shed that we cut in half. Part of it houses his garden tools and stuff from the garage. The other half is Anna's new playhouse. We finished the inside with a loft for future use. I plan of putting a small futon mattress up there to make a reading area. He finished the walls in a white bead board. Our friends laughed when I said I wanted hardwood floors, a chandler, and a doorbell. Well it is all complete minus a real hardwood floor. We ended up with a floating floor that looks like wood. This was a compromise that I am okay with. Now the big decision is what to put into the playhouse. I love how it turned out. Hopefully I will be able to post pictures soon.

I have also decided to sign Anna up for Daisies. I am so excited about this. I was never in Girl Scouts but it was something I remember wanting do so badly. Hopefully Anna will love it. I also have decided to become the leader. I have an interview and a background check but once that is complete I will be the leader. My new pinterest board is filling up with crafty ideas for the girls.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will make the best girl scout leader!!! Anna isgoing to love it. Let meknow when you are selling cookies.
Kathy C.

Ms. Elaine said...

Can't wait to see pics of her play house

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

So much fun! : ) Love it! I would buy cookies if we were closer. . .