Wednesday, May 29, 2013

BBQ with friends

A couple of weekends ago I was able to get away for a few hours. Gerard was battling three kidney stones again so I left him home. Anna and I drove to Kellie's house in Connecticut. I was surprised as to how easy the ride was for us. Kellie was a wonderful host and prepared a BBQ for us.

I had told Anna earlier in the week that we were going to a party with some of her friends...ones she has never met. Well Anna, Hope and Ella played like they were best friends. As we got out of the car Anna ran right into the party and started to play immediately.

As I came up the driveway I spotted Melissa! I was so happy to FINALLY meet up with Melissa, Michael and Colby. How is it possible that we have not met before. We talked about her paper chase because she is hoping for a second child. It is somewhat shocking to know that we have been friends for so many years even though we have not met in person. Colby is a cute as a button. He is much taller than I had envisioned him. I hope to be able to meet up with them again this summer.

Kellie and I talked up a storm about our up coming vacation. I have ordered a bathing suit that is way too much money and I am not sure if I will be keeping it. We decided that we are going to participate the Disney cruise Fish Finders. I still need to make my hanging pockets for the door. I think I have everything that I need for our gifts. When I put together our Fish finder gifts I will post pictures after our cruise. I had hoped to post pictures of the BBQ but I do not have permission to post pictures of every one's child so I must refrain from doing so.

The weather here is suppose to go from cool to HOT. I am hoping for a beach day later this week. We have bought the beach badges but we are still unsure if we will be able to enter our favorite beach because the beach access is still gone. I am hoping for pictures later this week.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I was so excited to hear that you were going to be at the party. It was great to see you and Anna. It is strange to think that I feel so close to you and your family but yet it was the first time we met. I think adoption has truly helped me find a bunch of amazing friends and I am so thankful. Can't wait to meet up again soon. Mike and I were hoping for a trip to the Bronx Zoo soon. Up for that????
Melissa
P.S. And that too tall little boy, is now slightly toothless too!