Tuesday, May 26, 2015

It has been a looooong time since I posted!

Well it has been too long since my last update. Life has been crazy busy for us. I am in the final stretch of finishing my degree as a family nurse practitioner, Anna is just about to complete 1st grade (How is that possible), and Gerard is well Gerard. He is busy cleaning up from what felt like the longest winter ever. He purchased a new boat and has been busy getting it ready for the season.

So may know some may not know but Gerard and I were scheduled to marry 18 years ago. That wedding did not take place for many reasons. After years of considering different options we felt the best option was to have a private ceremony.  This past Friday on the beautiful island of St Thomas Gerard and I wed. The ceremony was held on Lindquist Beach, St Thomas, USVI.  In attendance were Anna, and just our parents. We gave our parents less than 24 hours notice which was crazy and fun. I honestly would not have had it any other way. I hope to have the professional pictures back soon. The two pictures that I have from the professional photographer are amazing. My mother also snapped a cute one.

Gerard has already told me he is done with pictures until Christmas. Which makes me laugh. I took a few pictures of just him and I and she told him "Dad just pretend like I am in the picture too." Anna coached him on how he should kiss me which is also so funny. She wanted him to do a big dramatic dip so he did.

None of us have been to St Thomas so none of us knew what to expect. Holy mountain is all I have to say. The road were so steep. The first thing Anna said was where is my seat belt? We took lots of taxis and I am so happy we did not rent a car for this trip. Another interesting fact is St Thomas was purchased from Denmark in the early 1900s being Danish I thought this was a fun fact. The other interesting fact is this island is primarily Christian. The radios in the taxis were all set to Christian music or to ministers preaching the gospel.

Anna is growing up so fast. She is the kindest child I know. It is a constant flood of love notes from her. Our lives feel so complete.  I am going to break a few rules here but I don't think you will all mind.

Photo taken by Elisha Orin Photography



Papa and Anna (Yup that is us in the background)

Photo taken by Elisha Orin Photography
http://thatstalk.elishaorin.com/

7 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Love love love it!! I'm teary eyed with happiness for you all. God bless!

The Robins' Nest said...

Love the pictures! So happy for you all! Gerard finally gets a face to go with a name!

Alena said...

Congratulations! Very happy for you! Such lovely pictures! Your husband is a hottie :).

Ms. Elaine said...

Congratulations. I am happy for you and your family. Gerard is handsome and you are beautiful. Happy you caught us up on what's happening

Laura said...

So I rarely get to read any blogs anymore, nonetheless, keep mine as current as I'd like. So tonight I sat down and yours was the first to read. I am sorry I missed this sooner due to all the Reunion plans but holy, moly -- you are one beautiful couple! Congratulations, Joy and Gerard -- and Anna. I am truly happy for all three of you! xoxo

Ms. Elaine said...

Will we ever get an update on your family? I miss reading about Anna

http://tailieuluattonghop.blogspot.com/ said...

Hi there!
Nice to meet you