Monday, August 18, 2014

Summer recap

I think this summer may go down in history for being our busiest summer yet. We have made it to the beach, bay beach (yes there is a difference), gone camping (shocking I know), and even searched for shark teeth in a river that once was part of the ocean. 

I love being doing different things with Anna. Summer school is now over so we have really been able to spend some quality time together.  Please forgive me for spelling and grammar errors because I am posting this from my phone. In a few short hours my vacation will start. We have big plans for this week and I promise to post at sometime this up coming week. 

My sister let me baby sit over night while she and Bernie went away over night for the first time since the girls were born. I promptly dressed them and took them to the beach to take their pictures.  The triplets also had their first visit to the dentist.  These are poor quality but I got a snap shot of each. Here they are in birth order. 




So our new passion is tent camping.  I know it sounds so funny and honestly it is but we have now camped on 3 separate occasions and had a great time each time. It also helps that we have had great company for all 3 trips. The first trip this summer was at Ringing Rock campground.  We tubed down the Delaware river. A couple of weeks ago we decided to take another small trip to Yogi Year's Jelly stone park in NJ. They had the tallest water inflatable slide that the girls and Hans really enjoyed.  I made it down once and once was enough for me. We have another trip planned for September.  The beach is still one of my favorite spots. 


Below are the pictures from our day of digging for shark teeth. 



One thing that I started do a while back I turn off the radio in the car. Our new past time is having Anna read to me as I drive.  Can you believe she can read.  It just is so exciting.  Her favorite series of books are about a pig and an elephant.  She tells me which are my favorite ones. How can I disagree. 

And just so everyone doesn't think that we are perfect Anna actually got in trouble for being fresh.  In a way it shocked me because she is usually not fresh or sassy. Well this time she was sassy to Gerard.  The punishment was to clean to stay home and clean. I was actually very surprised that I didn't have to push her to comply.  I like to think that she knew she was wrong.  So she was required to vacuum and dust. It started with tears and ended with her feeling like she accomplished something.  She even asked me to take her picture to send to her Daddy while he was at work.  I was so proud of her not the sassy part but that she was given a punishment and she completed it. 



No comments: