Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Camping on purpose!

Gerard is still shaking his head. He can not believe that I would even consider going camping. A couple of months back Anna and I got the chance to go to a Girl Scout Camp-o-ree at Dutch Wonderland. So I took advantage of the offer and purchased a tent and we were off. Anna really liked it. She was able to run around and play, we had a camp fire. She cooked a hot dog on a stick and actually ate it.

I think what she really enjoyed was going with a group. During that trip there were a total of 6 kids. All six kids played beautifully together. It was a 3 day 2 night trip. So this summer I asked my fellow co-leader if she wanted to use up these tubing passes I had bought a couple of years ago. She agreed so we set a date to go camping.

We had hoped for a bigger group of people but it can be difficult to manage many different schedules. Sunday we set out on our journey to Ringing Rock State park. At this park there is field of large rocks that if you hit them with a hammer or another rock it makes a ringing sound. They also have a trail for hiking that was pretty cool.


 
 
We stayed at the Ringing Rock campground which was a few minutes from the state park. The grounds were beautiful and because we decided to stay midweek we were the only tent campers there. The pool was very nice but the showers were a little rough. We woke up early, had breakfast, a quick swim, and then set out for our tubing adventure down the Delaware river. Since my camera is not water proof I did not get any pictures of us doing this but Michelle did. Hopefully, I will be able to go back and put them into this post.
 
 
Tubing down the Delaware was actually pretty fun. I joked and said I would never do this again but I actually think I will one day. The tubing company we used which I HIGHLY recommend was Bucks County River Tubing. Anna and I were in the same tube and took the 4 hour tour.
 
 
After a little more swimming and a camp fire we were off to bed for a good nights sleep. I was surprised how fast I was able to get everything pack up and back into the car. The girls all want to camp again so maybe one more trip before school starts. 

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Looks like a great time!