Friday, January 17, 2014

Christmas and Ringing in the New Year!

Well Christmas has come and gone. We rang in the New Year too! It truly felt like a magical time. We had our family over the weekend before Christmas which just added to the excitement. Christmas morning was just Anna, Gerard and I. His parents came for breakfast along with Aunt Ellie.

Making cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve

 
Funny how something never change...Christmas 2009
 
 
The Triplets in birth order wondering what all the fuss is about

 
At Aunt Jenny's house on Christmas Eve for dinner

 
After all these years I was still not able to get a picture of Santa!

 
But he did come.

 
A horse of course

 
and a few dragons


 
Gerard's parents with Anna after breakfast

 
Aunt Ellie tucked in there too!

 
 
I know there always seems to be an excuse lately but crazy busy is an understatement. Right before Christmas Aunt Ellie had a major stroke. She had to have the clot surgically removed. We are hopeful that she will regain all of her strength back with lots of therapy.
 
Papa fell on the ice about 2 weeks ago. He fractured his back and a few ribs. He is doing very well just a little sore and pain when he does too much or is stubborn and does not take the pain medications.
 
I am back to school. The break felt too short even though I finished up early. I have been so lucky because I have had a bunch of time off with Anna and have more time planned for February and April. I also decided I will not be taking a class this summer. There is just too much fun to be had.
 
Girl Scouts has been busy. Hopefully my next post will be able a bunch of the things that we have done. For now I have to get the blue chalk off my hands (today was crazy hair day for Anna) and hit the books.
 

No comments: