Thursday, October 17, 2013

Our first Daisy meeting and first trophey

Last night was our first official Daisy meeting. I am sure that I was more nervous that Anna. Believe it or not I was never in the Girl Scouts. I know it seems strange to me as well. We discussed what the troop has planned for this year and talked about possible outing and events. I really do like the program. It has a good philosophy about helping and caring for others while taking responsibility for your own behavior and actions.

We did a little craft. Anna's did not quite turn out the way I had planned but this is her craft not mine.


 
 
 
The other day as I was getting ready to pick Anna up from school I got a phone call telling me that Anna had won an award. I quickly texted Gerard to tell him that he had to take Anna to the ceremony because I had to work. Well as luck would have it I was put on call. Apparently, Anna drew or colored a poster for fire prevention week that won first prize. I have not seen the poster yet but I am so proud of her. When I asked her about the poster she looks at me with a blank look. She has no clue what I am talking about. I can not wait to see the poster.
 
 
In other news we have been reading, reading and more reading every night. I have made multiple trips to the library for new books. I really and trying my best to read with her everyday for at least 30 minutes. Some days it is longer. I am really happy with her progress. I really feel like waiting to enroll her into kindergarten was honestly the best decision I have made.
 
 
I will say that Anna is struggling with missing her old teacher. I am kind of glad to see this because she had been Anna's teacher for three years. I worried that keeping her in the same class for all three years may be a problem but I think it was actually good for Anna. So that is the update for now. Once I get the poster I will share it. I am so proud of her. 

1 comment:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Way to go Anna!!! We're all really proud of you! Keep up the awesome work sweetie!