Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A post to catch things up.

I'm back! Well I guess I have always been here so I am back writing at least. I think I needed a few weeks off to re-evaluate everything that has been going on in my life. It is all stuff that is way to deep for today but maybe one day I will write about it.

So much has happened in the past couple of weeks. Anna is back to school after a very nice winter break. It felt like it took forever to take down the Christmas decorations in part because I love having them up but I was feeling a little blue that the holiday was over. As I told Anna when she got sad we can start to plan for next year.

I started my classes. The beginning is always a bit rough until I figure out how to fit it all in. My goal as always is to get my homework done during the week so that I have my weekends free with Anna and Gerard. So far it has been a 50/50 victory. This trimester I will need to travel to Missouri again for a week. I already am missing them and I have not even left. While I am there I hope to spend every waking moment studying and completing projects so that when I am home I can spend more time with Anna.

I almost forgot. I took Anna to see Disney on Ice! We got a very good deal on Living Social so I took advantage of it. Me-Me & Hans, Sarah (my friend) & Julia (her daughter), and Tabatha (Anna's school friend's mom) & Nicole (Anna's school friend) all went. The girls dressed up like princesses. Hans wore a Flounder hat. The night was so much fun. Anna, Julia, Nicole and Hans all keep talking about it.

Jenny my sister is finally 28 weeks pregnant!!! The triplets all appear to be doing fine. Baby A is a little smaller and our biggest worry right now because her fluid is a little low. Jenny looks good so that makes me VERY happy. Our new goal is to get her to 33 weeks which is easier said than done. I pray that she does not deliver while I am out of town because that will make me a wreck. I think Anna is getting used to the idea of a bunch of babies coming. I have seen a few signs of regression but I totally expect that and we just keep reminding her that she is our little baby.

I also have some news that makes me a touch sad. My Brother in law Reggie (not Me-Me and La-La's father) lost his fight with cancer this past weekend. Joanie was by his side to the end. Here is a link to there wedding this past August. He slipped away peacefully. I am so thankful that he was not in pain or uncomfortable. This is a stark reminder to me that life is very short. Tell your loved ones that you love them often.

4 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Good to hear an update. Disney on Ice sounds fun! Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. Always tough to lose someone.

Melissa said...

It's nice to see an update. Miss the photos though! Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law but I am so excited to hear about your sister and the babies. We'll keep our fingers crossed. Love you!
Melissa

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Hey you. Although I see you on Facebook, it's good to see you back here. Hope all is continuing well. Soon, we will need to plan for the Horse Show!! : )

sonflowerjax said...

Love reading your updates I am so sorry to hear about your brother in law. And praying for your sister and her precious babies!